The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 26, 2008, 02:11 PM   #1
gadgetguy1288

Need Help with a rifle Bipod

ok, ive decided to buy a Bipod for my Remington 710 30-06, when at the range i can shoot 1.5inch groups at 200 yards off the bench, but i want a little more stability when im out hunting(which is the main purpose of this rifle).

So My questions is this:

Can someone please point out a good BiPod/s and what the price i can expect to pay is?

Thanks a Bunch

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government, or in the case of a zombie outbreak."
Old February 26, 2008, 03:07 PM   #2
rgitzlaff

Harris makes a good bipod. They attach to your front sling swivel. They have models that swivel for leveling, and solid mount models, as well as models with leg notches for positively locking in the legs at different heights, also models without notches that lock in any position with a screw knob. You can get many different heights for them. Expect to pay around $100 for those, you can get a cheaper knockoff of a Harris for $50-60, called Rock mount.
Old February 26, 2008, 03:19 PM   #3
model70fan

both harris and rock mount are good bipods, I have multiples of each, harris are a little better quality but rock mounts do the job just fine, plus they are a little cheaper
Old February 26, 2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Kreyzhorse

+1 Harris.
Old February 26, 2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Bazooka Joe71

Harris 9-13" Swivel Bipod

Or longer if you think you'd need it.
Old February 26, 2008, 10:17 PM   #6
precision_shooter

I use Caldwell Bi-Pods on my hunting Rifles and Love them. The don't add a lot of weight to the rifle and they are a bit cheaper than Harris or Rock-mount. I think I paid around $30 or $40 for mine. Academy sells them or you can order online.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old February 26, 2008, 11:00 PM   #7
Ridge_Runner_5

I got a Rock Mount for $31 shipped from northern CO, and while it does add noticable weight to my AR, Im quite happy with it, for the price I paid...

Old February 26, 2008, 11:05 PM   #8
taylorce1

All the bipods mentioned are good so flip a coin. I have a question about the M710, does it have the plastic sling stud molded into the stock? If it does you might as well go ahead and cut it off and sand it down and have a good steel one installed. The plastic ones break when used with a bipod more times than not.
Old February 27, 2008, 10:46 AM   #9
LittleLebowski

Harris with the notches in the legs.