The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

discusted with local dealer, Lipseys, or both...

Before Christmas I ordered one of the flat top 44 Special Bisley revolvers, through my local dealer... on the 23rd of December I placed the order, & it was an in stock item... a week later I called... local dealer tells me they haven't ordered one from them in a while, & had to do a new credit app... I called a week later, & the local shop, said they called them, & it had shipped... stopped in there today, over a month after an in stock gun order, & still no gun... local dealer called them in front of me... & they hadn't shipped it yet... said they would ship it today, & I'd have it by Friday...

so... these guns are for sale on Gun Broker, with shipping, & transfer at Cabalas ( cheaper transfer than local dealer ) it would have been $20.00 more & I could have had the gun nearly a month ago...

anyone else had issues with Lipseys, or do you think the local dealer is just leading me on... I did put 50% down on the order...

sorry... needed to vent a little... I realize they likely had to do year end inventory, but... does my experience seem unacceptable to anyone else???
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #2
Sevens

It's hard to get a really good feel for exactly what the problem is and who is or isn't telling the whole story and/or dropping the ball.

However:
Quote:
I did put 50% down on the order...
Uhh, yeah. I think you have every right to be annoyed and demand some answers, you've actually got money in on this project and IMO, that definitely gives you a fine platform to be annoyed and demand some answers.

If you didn't have money in on it, I might suggest ordering it from a GB dealer, shipping it through another FFL and then showing it off to the shop that can't seem to find their butts with both hands.
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #3
Magnum Wheel Man

I was trying to build a rapport with this dealer... I've been bringing up guns for finish work, & my closest local dealer ( whom I've purchased the most from in the past, had his license pulled a year ago ) so I'm looking for a new favorite place to buy...

would have cost me a total of $20.00 more to buy off GB... if I had any idea, it was going to take over a month, I'd have easily spent the extra $20.00
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #4
Snyper

I think you're being too impatient

You ordered it less than 4 weeks ago, and just before a major holiday season
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #5
Magnum Wheel Man

I ordered an LCR-X the day before that... which was the reason I was there... my LCR-X was there in one day ... I was picking it up that day, & decided to order the Flat top ( which again was listed as "in stock" when I ordered it )
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #6
BarryLee

I think what’s frustrating is when you don’t get accurate and timely feedback on what’s going on. However, if they were required to set up a new account along with the holidays that might be a legitimate reason for it taking a month.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #7
James K
Staff

If your local dealer got in one gun in a day, he is probably not the reason for the delay of another. If he wants to keep you as a customer, he can probably show you his orders if you ask nice and don't imply that he is a liar.

Jim