The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 21, 2008, 03:40 AM   #1
Sportdog

Hi-Vis Shotgun Sight Question

Have any of you guys ever put one of the "snap on" magnetic Hi-Vis front sights on a sxs double barrel? I've looked through the various catalogs and all they seem to mention specifically are references to ventilated rib barrels. I have measured the rib section of my double and it seems to fall in the width parameters so I'm thinking that it may work. Any experiences or thoughts? Thank You.
Old January 21, 2008, 08:35 AM   #2
rhoffler

shot gun sights

I use them on my 870 for turkey hunting helps in early morning light. R Hoffler
Old January 21, 2008, 09:52 AM   #3
ronto

I have it on my Mossberg 500. The installation instructions say to leave the factory front bead on. I tried it without the factory bead on and it creeps forward under recoil. Put the factory bead back on and it stays put. I use the red insert and it works good for my applications.
"We will do this: we will hang together, we will keep our organization, our arms, our discipline, our hatred of oppression, until one universal shout goes up from an admiring age that this Missouri Cavalry Division preferred exile to submission, death to dishonor".

General Joseph O. Shelby, CSA (1830-1897)

The only Confederate General who refused to surrender himself or his 1,000+ "Iron Brigade".
Old January 21, 2008, 10:54 AM   #4
classic095

sight

Most of em I have seen fall off do to recoil, You might like a marbles ivory front bead and the Marbles ivory mid rib bead.. I have converted many shotgunners to this bead and they get rid of the glow in the dark junk..
Old January 21, 2008, 03:25 PM   #5
rem870hunter

i bought a birdbuster set of hi-viz sights . put it on my 870 vent rib barrel. haven't tried on anything else but it works great for me. the factory bead is a small steel type. i was gonna replace it with a glow type. but this was cheaper. it hasn't fallen off yet and i can use it on other barrels if i choose to. my wingmaster 870 has the bradley front sight with steel mid bead. i think i shot maybe 100 game loads with it at clays. it just sits in the cabinet waiting to be used again.