The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 22, 2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Spade Cooley

I need help pricing OM Ruger 45s

I took a look at Cowboy Action Shooting and didn't enjoy the dress up part. I shot one short match with a new pair of Old Model Ruger Vaqueros in 45 with 5 1/2 inch barrels. They have the Wolf Springs added and have a sweet trigger pull. The serials are not consecutive but both are brand new and shoot to point of aim, have about 60 rounds through them. How should I price them? They have two cheap Oklahoma leather holsters that go with them, no belt.
Old January 22, 2008, 08:51 AM   #2
sundance44s

Take a look at them on Gunbroker.com that will give you an idea what they are selling for .
Old January 27, 2008, 11:20 PM   #3
CraigC

Why are you giving up after just one match? I would say your guns would be worth $325-$400 apiece, depending on regional influences.

"Old Model" is a factory designation for those single actions produced before 1973. Distinguished by their three frame screws (except the Bearcat) and traditional half-cock action. All Vaqueros are New Models, utilizing the "New Model" action.

Vaquero.
New Vaquero.
Both New Models.
Old January 29, 2008, 10:13 PM   #4
geezer in NH

The newer (hence OM NM) vaquero’s have smaller grip frames than the older. The poster is not talking about the transfer bar safeties as the Vaquero’s all have that.