The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 9, 2007, 05:17 PM   #26
mike72

Ozzieman

Where is the best place to find these books with the load data? I would like all the info in print I can get my hands on. The only book I have came with the Lee kit I got. 44spl is not the only caliber I am looking to reload.
Old December 10, 2007, 03:22 PM   #27
grymster2007

Thanks Ozzieman,

Been all tied up with other stuff lately. Have a couple weeks off at Christmas and the wife is starting to fill that with stuff to do, but I'm still pretty sure I'll get to checking out some of my loads at the range.

I appreciate your posting your loads for me. The Herco loads sound pretty good, I'll see if my local gun stores sell it.
Old December 11, 2007, 10:47 PM   #28
joneb

Quote:
Since the max load of Unique is 6.3 GR in the Speer manual for a lead 240 GR bullet, this is not the load that he is looking for. The problem with pushing a lead bullet this fast is your going to leave lead in the barrel. These kinds of pressure the lead bullet needs a gas check.
Even a jacked 240 GR bullet with unique the max is 6.3 GR.
Ozzieman, I wasn't suggesting that Mike should load 6.9gr of Unique behind a 240gr lead bullet for his Ultralite Taurus, I'm not sure how you assumed that from my post I have load data that lists 6.9 as max and some newer data lists 6.7 as max and data for a Charter Arms Bulldog with 6.0gr max for a 240gr L w/Unique. The Elmer Kieth load was 7.5 of U for the 240 SWC time changes things, the round in my pic with the 240gr (.429 dia)HC, I worked up the load for my gun, and a gas check is not needed from my 3" barrel. Sorry I was not more clear about why I mentioned that load in that post.
Old December 12, 2007, 05:30 AM   #29
Ozzieman

jibjab Diddnt mean to point fingers.

Just making sure they stayed below max for the gun he was shooting.
The loads for any powder or bullet can be found in almost any reloading manual.
Go to any gun store or one of the big chain stores and pick up a Speer manual. I dont know how many revisions they have but the one that's setting infront of me is Number 10 and I have had it since the early 80's. I like the way they format the manual and have a good cross section of bullets and powders.
Old December 12, 2007, 07:30 PM   #30
mike72

I don't have any shops or stores around me. I guess I will have to go to the gun show this weekend. I am sure I will find something there. Thanks for all the info. Mike
Old December 13, 2007, 08:46 PM   #31
Ozzieman

mike72

The best place to find every thing you need for reloading is at the web site listed below. They are very good to work with and you can trust them with your credit card.
The only problem with the place is that I live near (7 miles) and I can’t go to there warehouse with out spending $300 or more for reloading supplies or gun parts.
Sinclair is a high end store but if you start with the better quality products for reloading it will last you 10 times longer and produce a superior reloading product.
I warn you, once you start, it will become expensive and a lot more fun.
(And worth it).

http://www.sinclairintl.com
Old December 13, 2007, 08:49 PM   #32
Ozzieman

P.S.

There catalog is like the monthly playboy for GUN nuts.