The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old May 14, 2000, 10:22 PM   #1
Arizona Eric

Whoa! Had lotsa fun protesting today! I was a little young for the 1960s, so I wasn't about to let this opp get away. Went to Vegas as it was closer than PHX. Held a sign for most of the day that said, "It's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand," then subbed in "Gun control is racist." Booed the speakers, was on TV (I think), and I will check the Review-Journal tomorrow for pix.

Almost got in a fight with an MMM guy who was uncivil enough to call me a "jackass." Called him a few uncivil things back and things might have gotten uglier if the place wasn't saturated with cops. Sometimes civil discourse must yield to good old fashioned insults and fisticuffs.

Overall, a good way to spend a Sunday.

Et tu?

Was a little disappointed not to see my acquaintances from AR15.com out there. They didn't have to drive 100 miles like I did!