The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 19, 2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Hoss4x4

Hunting Tips- Review with pics now!

First I really want to say thank everyone that replied to my hunting tips thread. It was storming this morning so we went out this afternoon to look for some squirrels and rabbits..............well................nothing, but it went great. The advise about letting my son chose the path and dictate the time table worked great. We stopped and looked at a lot of mushrooms and bugs and birds, but it was truley great. When I saw him getting tired we headed back....the last 300 yards he was dragging but wants to go again. We may not have seen what we were hunting for but we came out smiling.

Thank you all again.

Last edited by Hoss4x4; October 19, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old October 19, 2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Hoss4x4

Pheasant

After the early hunt my buddy called to see how it went, I told him so he invited my son and I down to his land. I shot one and so did my friend. The boys were like 2 extra dogs.........

Sorry I guess the pic is too big and I don't know how to make it smaller
Old October 22, 2007, 09:06 AM   #3
dustoff

Glad to hear your son had a good time. I took my little one hunting in Saturday and had the same luck you did. It was extremely windy and the squirrel all stayed home. We only stayed out about 2 hours. My son was bored and wanted to head home so we left without seeing anything.
Old October 22, 2007, 08:40 PM   #4
FrontSight

NIce, I love to hear about the results...glad to help, hopefully next time you'll bring home the goods, but we all know it's about a lot more than that...you're on the right road to teaching your son that...

Oh, and by the way, squirrels usually come out at first light till about 10:00 or so, and then you don;t see them again until 4:00 or so. Well, in southern NY they follow that pattern, anyway...
Old October 22, 2007, 09:32 PM   #5
taylorce1

Hoss, send me your pictures and I'll post them for you.