The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 6, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1
kristop64089

A little peevd w/BudsGunshop

A little ****** at there "communications" I've spent literally thusands of dollars with them since May.(all thru their webpage)

I recentlly purchased another firearm online w/them.
It sat in the "processing" stage for 2 DAYS!. Normally I place an order and recieve it 2 days later.

Well, I called to see what was the delay(was item out of stock?, my BUDS card declined?) All I get is this response " Your item will ship in 3-5 buisness days" and they then hung up.

There was no reason given for delay(which may seem trivial to some, but I live in the boonies, my FFL does also. He has a full time day/night job, so he likes to know when packages arrive.)

I think it's unacceptable shipping delays if you have item in stock, and payment is immediate. I understand dealing online is in volume. But, ya need to get your game going.

I will still continue to use Buds(they beat my local prices hands down by $30-50, almost everytime.) I'm just miffed at the lousy response from who I spoke with.

OK I'M DONE, carry on
Old October 6, 2007, 05:40 PM   #2
Logs

Buds has a great shop and his prices are about the best I have seen. I am lucky I shop directly at his store and the service is great.

The website is run by a different crew and you are not the first to have issues with service. You might try looking them up on AR15.com they are a site sponsor there. Lee is the one that watches that site, maybe he can help.
Old October 7, 2007, 07:50 AM   #3
Jdomin

Buy At Local Gunshop

:barf:that's what you get when you allow price to enter your decision process. you always give up something when you allow price shopping to make your decision.
Old October 7, 2007, 10:21 AM   #4
kristop64089

I'll get over it, price is a partial factor. I have a card with them, so all my purchases are 90days S.A.C. that makes it even better.

I'm not ill tempered with them now. Just thought they way they conducted themselves was less than professional(which was a first)
Old October 7, 2007, 02:29 PM   #5
mballai

I'd have to agree that their response was less than professional. Internet transactions often have little or no personal depth to them. I deal with one company that doesn't give you the time of day unless you ask. And unfortunately, decent customer service is almost a thing of the past. I spent over seven years with one company where we were trained to treat every customer as if they were our only one. It's called respect. That kind of service attitude probably contributed to my losing my job at our local gun shop. Go figure. Today business is often nothing more than a series of transactions. A real shame.
Old October 8, 2007, 01:18 AM   #6
Hayley

The Bud's internet crew are all nice people. I know one of them really well.
Old October 8, 2007, 05:26 PM   #7
kristop64089

Not making a "personnal" observation, just a professional one. In this regard, they sucked!

I know who I spoke with but, choose to save face.

It will be a week from date of order, which is no big deal, except it was not handled or addresed correctly