The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 2, 2007, 07:18 PM   #1
grousehunter49

Valmet lion

where do,es the valmet lion shotgun stand with other over under shotguns?
Old September 2, 2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Trapper L

I'm not sure you have the right name for the Valmet in question. The only Valmet that I am aware of that wears the Lion name is a rimfire. Could be others that I'm not aware of. I have a Valmet 12ga on the 333 system. They also made a 412 system. Both are close to being the best shotguns made. Mine has the single rebounding trigger, selective barrel on the trigger, fired chamber indictors on the tang, tang safety that resets everytime the gun is opened, selective ejectors, chrome lined ribbed barrels, etc. I have numerous friends with more money than common sense and they are willing to trade me any Browning for it. I wouldn't take any Browning for it. The 412 system can also be fitted for rifle cartridges like the 9.3x 74 and others so the action is tough and well built. Unfortunately, they don't bring the money in the USA like they do on the otherside of the Atlantic. I've seen them as cheap as $1000. for a good one. The 20 ga will bring a premium over the 12 ga around here. Most folks don't have a clue what they are and those that do know won't part with one.
Hope this has some value for you.
Old September 3, 2007, 06:27 AM   #3
grousehunter49

Thank you for your reply. Its the model before the 412, It has no rib and is open between the barrels like the Rem 3200. same lockup system to. Button in trigger to slect barrel to fire and only exstractors well built gun in ex condiction made from 1947 to 1968