The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 27, 2007, 09:01 AM   #1
Manedwolf

Canada has a bike-by shooting...

Wacky Canadians...at least it was environmentally responsible, right?

Hey, wait! I thought they weren't supposed to have gun crimes there?

Quote:
Police question suspect in possible cycle-by shooting
Last Updated: Thursday, July 26, 2007 | 10:04 AM MT
CBC News

Edmonton police have a suspect in custody in connection to a possible shooting in a residential neighbourhood by someone on a bike, but no charges have been laid.

Brandon Dierich's body was found Tuesday night in a car pulled over in a residential area at 93rd Street and 68th Avenue.

He died of multiple gunshot wounds and police say his death was drug related.

Police initially suspected the shooter was on a bike and fled toward the Mill Creek Ravine. On Wednesday, officers wheeled a bicycle out of the ravine's dense bush and brought out a paper bag containing two items.

The killing has shocked the people who live in the neighbourhood.

Sherry Brownlee was about to take her baby for a walk shortly before 8 p.m. when shots were fired just down her street. Police arrived and the area was cordoned off.

Brownlee says all the neighbours know each other and the car the victim was sitting in is not from the neighbourhood.

Neighbour Norma Hartley said she saw a teenager waiting around a nearby house before the shots were fired.

"I was just coming home from the store and I noticed somebody, this young kid, teenager, just sitting there on a bike."
Old July 27, 2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Yellowfin

I guess he was trying to be stealthy and avoid giving them a license plate number to to trace. Obviously it didn't totally work. Maybe he should have used a bow and made the whole crime totally silent?
Old July 27, 2007, 10:04 AM   #3
FirstFreedom

How can this be?

I thought that was a heavily gun-restricted Utopia up there?
Old July 27, 2007, 10:28 AM   #4
Rogueone

no no no, not a gun free utopia, a gun free "killing zone" just like our school "gun free zones" ala Va Tech But i do have to say, that's quite imaginative to use a bicycle. Very "quiet" way to approach. And who'd ever suspect someone on a bike was going to shot them? whacky