The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old July 31, 2007, 10:45 AM   #26
Wild Bill Bucks

So Far, it's been a proven fact that a 30.06 won't kill Sasquatch, but that could change at anytime.
Old July 31, 2007, 02:20 PM   #27
Dirty_Harry

I doubt that the venerable ole 06 could down the formidable Esuvee.

However, it is very possible.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Wayne
Old July 31, 2007, 02:26 PM   #28
Creature

Quote:

However, it is very possible.
One well placed shot to almost any part of the pulmonary or circulatory system will surely bring that beast down...it might take a little longer than if you hit the "brain" located under the thinly armored "hood", just behind the "grill".
Old July 31, 2007, 02:30 PM   #29
Lavid2002

I can survive a 30 ought

: D as long as im over 6 miles away 30-06 has absolutley no effect on me..... I'm just that amazing.......
But really I think the 30-06 could take down ANY game animal in north america.Although, it would be hard to waterfowl with (haha I cant be seriouse on this post sorry im leavin!)
Old July 31, 2007, 03:03 PM   #30
Dirty_Harry

There really isn't any thinking about it....

It is a proven fast, IT CAN TAKE ANY LAND GAME ANIMAL IN ANY OF THE AMERICAS.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Wayne
Old July 31, 2007, 03:11 PM   #31
Fremmer

Sorry Harry, you're wrong. Not every animal. The .30-06 lacks the power to penetrate through the multiple layers of hide, skin, fat....well, actually the layers and layers of fat found on......

Michael Moore!
Old July 31, 2007, 03:12 PM   #32
Dirty_Harry

LOL, guess I will just have to use the .450 Marlin then...

Old July 31, 2007, 03:33 PM   #33
Lavid2002

woah woah!

Hey buddy watch it with that talk!
Hell make a movie about TFL.com >: 0!!!
Old July 31, 2007, 03:52 PM   #34
Zombie Steve

Over a hundred years old, and proven on everything in North America time and time again. With the advances in bullet / loading technology, I'd argue it just keeps gettin' better!
Having said that, I will point out that it didn't stop my dad's Lincoln Town Car, but it was a poor, downward angle shot through the front quarterpanel. I'm glad we weren't in it when his neighbor totally missed a deer and it hit. We called it the mafia staff car. He never got the hole fixed.
Old July 31, 2007, 06:15 PM   #35
Jack O'Conner

30-06 has already proven itself wherever game is hunted. Not everyone is lining up to buy new short magnum rifles.

If you're in the area this September, take a look at the stacked cases of Remington core-lockt ammo sold at the Outdoor Sport Center in Casper, Wyoming. This is probably the biggest distributor of 30-06 ammo in the region.

Jack
Old July 31, 2007, 10:57 PM   #36
BillCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Sure it can, Harry. I still have about 80 rounds of .30 M1 AP ammo around here somewhere. Aluminum blocks aren't much of a nuisance to those rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremmer
Sorry Harry, you're wrong. Not every animal. The .30-06 lacks the power to penetrate through the multiple layers of hide, skin, fat....well, actually the layers and layers of fat found on......
Michael Moore!
An interesting hypothesis. There's an open question as to whether Moore is H. Sapien or possibly R. Rattus Disgusti and there's no record of the use of a .30-06 to dispatch one of those. One other speculative writer claims Moore belongs to C. Balaenoptera edeni (Pygmy Bryde's Whale) due to his reported habit of consuming pizzas loaded with pounds of anchovies or herrings (the diet of the aforementioned whale). Further credence is given by the fact that the species is called Luulumbo in Malaysia and Moore is noted to lumber slowly wherever he goes.

Perhaps we should contact National Geographic to finance a special expedition?
Old August 1, 2007, 09:53 AM   #37
Art Eatman
Staff Lead

A wonderful closing post!

Art