The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 20, 2007, 04:15 PM   #1
indycrackshot

Long distance shooting ranges in Indiana?

Howdy,

I have exhausted the rifle ranges in my area in central Indiana and am now trying to find a civilian long distance rifle range in Indiana where I can do some target shooting that will keep me challenged. Preferred distance would be 500-1000 yards. Anyone know where I can find one and who I can call to get access hours and availability? I heard there are some in Northern Indiana but I can't seem to find them! Thanks in Advance.

IndyCrackShot
Old July 20, 2007, 04:37 PM   #2
indycrackshot

Wabash Indiana - Bass & Bucks Pro Shop is One.

Did a little calling around and found at least one. Bass & Bucks Pro shop has a range that has a lane which goes out to 750 Yards, I believe they also have a 500 yard lane as well and a few shorter ones. They are located in Wabash Indiana, yahoo! One Shot One Kill!

IndyCrackShot
Old July 20, 2007, 10:36 PM   #3
VUPDblue

IIRC, there is a club in Nashville that reaches out to 1000. I think there is one in Evansville too. Not sure how long Friendship is, but I seem to remember that it gets way out there too.
Old July 21, 2007, 08:42 AM   #4
indycrackshot

Found a GREAT one in Northern Indiana.

It's referred to as Indiana’s Steel Target “Disneyland”, called Young's Long Shot Range, has targets out to 1000 Yards. Membership is a little steep but their range looks awesome! checked it out on the web, will be checking it out at some point although it's a 2.5 hours drive for me but worth it.

What's the one in Nashville Indiana that goes out to 1000 yards? curious about that one as it's a lot closer to me.

IndyCrackShot
Old July 21, 2007, 08:49 AM   #5
nate45

I used to live in Evansville there was one east of town on 64 called Redbrush I believe it was 600yds.