The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 19, 2007, 09:15 PM   #1
44 AMP
Staff

Coach gun question

I recently got a chance to examine a Chinese made coach gun (12ga). Rather nice, with a recoil pad and sling loops (not swivels). Seemed pretty decent for the $200 price.

My question is, it is a hammer gun (with safety), but there is only a half cock position on the right hammer. The left is either down or full cock. Is this normal, or is there a problem with the left hand lock?

It seems to make some sense from an old time hunting perspective, that you would fire the right barrel (most open choke) first, and then cock the left if you needed it. But this is just a guess. If anyone knows if the gun was intentionally made with only one half cock, please let me know.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:34 AM   #2
gopher0

I own one
Does not have a half cock on either side !
Shoot's fine anyway

Gopher