The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 30, 2007, 09:59 PM   #1
Fremmer

New Shotgun!

Well, a new used shotgun, anyway. A gift from a friend. It is an over-under and marked as follows:

Stoeger, Inc. - Accokeek, Maryland.

Made in Brazil

MOD CONDOR I 12 GA 3" CHAMBER

E.R. AMANTINO

There is scrollwork on either side of the receiver, and a bit just above the action lever. It has a tang safety, a dark blue finish, ribbed with a front bead sight. The stock and forearm are walnut; the stock is pretty short and has an adjustable cheek rest. My friend thinks that the stock has been altered or is aftermarket.

What can you tell me about this shotgun? I thought that Stoegers were made in Turkey. The trigger is very good, and the action locks up nice and tight. The receiver and bore appear in near-new condition. It doesn't look like the gun was shot much at all. The finish is almost perfect. I'll probably have to replace the stock, so if you have any suggestions for a tall guy, let me know.

How's that for a hunting/home defense gun?!?! Any information you can give about Stoeger, the Condor Model I, E.R. Amantino, etc. would be appreciated!
Old April 30, 2007, 10:33 PM   #2
AZGunLover

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/condor.tpl
Old April 30, 2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Fremmer

Thanks for the link, AZ. But my gun has different markings than the one in the Stoeger's picture. This might be an older model. I don't think this gun has a barrel selector, so I don't think that it's a Condor Supreme. My friend told me that it has automatic ejectors.