The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 4, 2007, 02:45 PM   #26
westphoenix

Every Wal-Mart I have ever been to in the Phoenix, AZ area sells firearms and ammo. I do not think the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market (grocery store only) sells firearms.

I am sure some stores in the Phoenix area might not carry guns now, but the two closest to me still do and one just remodeled their firearm counter and it appears their stock has increase.
Old May 4, 2007, 03:24 PM   #27
old 12 gauge

where i live, Walmarts is going out of the gun business but will still sell hunting-fishing licenses and ammo
Old May 4, 2007, 09:25 PM   #28
Taxidermist

There are 2 wal-mart stores in driving distance from me and they both sell rifles and shotguns and ammo. I'm in northern N.Y.

John
Old May 5, 2007, 08:23 AM   #29
lgsracer

Yes Walmart still carrys rifles & shotguns. They can even special orders items. They have a book behind the counter with all the products availab,e in their system. Even ammo different book. Just ask and they will let you use it.

Here is a link to their on-line catalog:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catal...&catNavId=4155
Old May 5, 2007, 12:25 PM   #30
XD 45

They sell rifles and ammo

"In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons. - Herodotus"
Old May 5, 2007, 02:15 PM   #31
williamd

In TX panhandle ... makes me recall why I left this dry, windy country ... and walked to the Super Wal-Mart here in Plainview. NO GUNS!! Plenty of ammo. Go figure.
Old May 6, 2007, 01:18 PM   #32
wayneinFL

There's only one Wammart in Broward County that still sells guns. Some of them dropped ammo sales as well or cut back on selection.

Walmarts up by me still have guns, but can barely keep the case stocked.
Old May 6, 2007, 05:19 PM   #33
Jeff23

About a year ago the guy who clerked in the local Wal-mart fishing & hunting dept told me they were phasing out guns and he was quitting (he was a retiree anyway and was just part-time). About six months later the guns disappeared--just curious and I asked a manager about it. She went out of her way to tell me it "wasn't a 2nd amendment thing," they just weren't selling enough of them to justify the overhead. FWIW I thought at the time that she'd been told what to say--sounded canned / rehearsed.