The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 26, 2007, 04:42 AM   #51
Para Bellum

Quote:
Good luck, I enjoyed the discourse, IMHO there is nothing wrong with disagreement. We can all learn from others.
exactly. I thank you for your time and thought!

Quote:
Again, it goes back to who do you want to listen to? The internet ace or someone who is a professional and does it for a living?
I will listen to all and adapt what works for me or convinces me.

All the best,
PB
Old April 26, 2007, 08:21 AM   #52
zenner22

A few have said that the finger hooked in front of the trigger guard could be dangerous with a revolver or a small auto. I am curious, could the same also be said for the thumbs forward grip? I've seen some competition shooters with extreme forward thumb postions which appeared to me to be more potentially dangerous than a finger wrapped around a trigger guard. Is this not an issue?
Old April 26, 2007, 08:27 AM   #53
Charles S

Quote:
A few have said that the finger hooked in front of the trigger guard could be dangerous with a revolver or a small auto. I am curious, could the same also be said for the thumbs forward grip?
In my opinion yes it is an issue (not everyone will agree) I do not use a thumb forward grip with a revolver or with a very small auto like my Kel-Tec. Some might, but I don't.

I do prefer the thumb forward grip on my full sized guns and I find that it really helps as I step up to larger calibers for example the 45 ACP and the 10mm. I really cannot tell much of a difference with by 9mm BHP or CZ.

Quote:
Is this not an issue?
Yes, I think one must always keep safety a priority.
Old April 29, 2007, 08:52 AM   #54
WESHOOT2

blown horn

I wanna see the video.....

I wanna know who Lurper is....

I wanna be younger.......
Old April 29, 2007, 11:05 AM   #55
tharmer

weshoot2,
I've seen the video and it's impressive. My thought is that if you can shoot that fast and that accurately, you aren't going to need to move at all. The game would be over.
Old May 1, 2007, 07:22 AM   #56
Magyar

Quote:
I've seen the video and it's impressive. My thought is that if you can shoot that fast and that accurately, you aren't going to need to move at all
Fortunately, these days are not the "dusty streets of Dodge City"....However, a nice skill, it's practicality in the real world of self-defense is marginal...Standing in the open is not very healthy. The validity of a rigidly controlled scenario, such as this, was one of the factors in creating the IPSC. Diversity, where two matches never include the same courses of fire.
BTW, I'm dismayed at the amount of "chest-thumping" that seems to be more prevalent these days. If we could only separate "fact from fiction"; maybe I would include my own....