The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 16, 2007, 04:40 PM   #1
dustoff

Pheasant Hunting in PA

Does anyone know of any decent pheasant hunting preserves in PA. A couple times a year my brothers, my dad, and I get together to hunt some ring neck and we are looking for a new place to try out. I seem to be the one who has to put the hunts together so our destination is my decision. We normally go to I Deihl Hunts or On Point Outfitters but we are always interested in trying out new places. I am really only interested in places that offer guided hunts as we don't have our own dogs. Post any good or bad experiences you may have had. I am not only interested in good places to go but also I would like to know where to stay away from.

Dustoff
Old February 18, 2007, 09:48 PM   #2
22-rimfire

I don't but you might ask your question on HuntingPA.com forum. Good folks there.
Old February 19, 2007, 03:38 PM   #3
The Gamemaster

Rathmel Run - Near Renoldsville PA.

There is also one near St. Mary's PA.

Most of the other places that did that around my home quit doing it because of the liability - because of the hunters using lead shot and the accumulation that is caused at a skeet range. Several places started out with both and soon closed.

There was also some talk about a rifle range to be built around Luthersburgh Pa that was ended in controversy because of liabilities.

I know of several places that sells Phesants and Chukars and it is not illegal to shoot your own birds on private land.

You buy the birds at $10 - $15 each and I will provide the land free if you let me come along...
Old February 25, 2007, 11:03 AM   #4
Jdomin

Hopwell Pheasantry York County Pa

They Have Dogs And Guides Great Place Good People To Deal With Very Fair Priced Google At Hopwell Phesantry
Old February 11, 2011, 01:03 PM   #5
statp

Mountain View Acres

There is a place just outside of Windber,PA called Mountain View Acres. They have about 200 acres of hunting they offer pheasants, chuckars and hungarian partridge. There web site is mvacres.com
Old February 11, 2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Pukindog

Pheasant in PA

Wing Point, Hamburg, PA 19526
Not sure if they still have this phone # 1-610-562-6962

We have hunted there at least 6 times and each time was a ball. Great facilities and fantastic people.

Jeff