The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 21, 2007, 12:31 PM   #76
jhgreasemonkey

I went a little different and cheep on the pocket pistol. Mines a Hungarian pa63 9x18mm mak. Its very small and slim. It fits nicely in cargo pants side pockets and mine has been 100% reliable. I dont shoot it much though, couple or few hundred rounds to test it out. More of a backup backup gun. Was only $140.
Old March 21, 2007, 12:57 PM   #77
pap1105

i carry keltec p32 works for me.
Old March 21, 2007, 06:13 PM   #78
NCHornet

WestPhoenix,
Glad you got a real pocket gun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my Guardian. I didn't realize you had already purchased it when you were asking about the mag disconnect. I considered the Seecamp but decided on something that was more ammo friendly. Although if I would have found a good deal on one I would have grabbed it. I recommend you getting in touch with PT Sights in Nevada and see if they can do their gutter sniping on the Seecamp, it really is a slick sight system for a pocket pistol.
Have fun and get some nice leather for it. K&D was my choice. Stay away from Palehorse, I sure wish I did.
Old March 21, 2007, 06:24 PM   #79
AK103K

NCHornet,
You may want to check out Smart Carry for your Guardian. While not a pocket holster, it does work very well, is very comfortable, and can be worn with just about anything, sweat pants, shorts, and maybe even your Speedo, although speed of access may depend on your Dunlop, especially if your French Canadian.

Seriously, I carry my Seecamp in one made for my P239. I can easily reach the gun down the top of my pants, or through the zipper. Even with trim fitting, flat front pants, there is no indication the gun is there at all. It really is an amazing holster.
Old March 21, 2007, 06:52 PM   #80
icu2pi

Alright guys, I have a question for whomever can answer. I own one of the crapiest guns in the world... (jennings j-22) From before bryco took them over. Anyway, the question is. I have no freakin idea how to field strip this piece of junk. Ive been shooting for, well lets just say long enough..lol.. and this is the first weapon ive ever owned... (if you can call this gun a weapon) that I cant figure out for the life of me to field strip... Any advise, (other than to melt it down...lol) would be appreciated.... thanks in advance icu2pi.

Last edited by icu2pi; March 21, 2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Im sorry for the immproper placement of this question, as u can see, this was my first post... im totally new to this forum.
Old March 21, 2007, 07:11 PM   #81
orionengnr

Please

Yes. Please open a new thread with your question.

It is inappropriate and impolite to hijack someone else's thread.
Old March 21, 2007, 07:52 PM   #82
Onapar

ben avery

Ben Avery is the best place in the pheonix area to shoot.
Old March 21, 2007, 09:17 PM   #83
PSP

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm
icu2pi, This should help you.
Everyone should have this page bookmarked.

Quote:
Ive been shooting for, well lets just say long enough..lol.. and this is the first weapon ive ever owned... (if you can call this gun a weapon) that I cant figure out for the life of me to field strip... Any advise, (other than to melt it down...lol) would be appreciated.... thanks in advance icu2pi.
Old March 21, 2007, 09:33 PM   #84
Playboypenguin

I just bought a new pocket pistol. I bought the .380 NAA (or should I say Kahr Arms) guardian. It is almost too big to be a pocket pistol. It is bigger than my .32 Seecamp but it is alot smaller than my PPK. It is a very solid little gun and the price was $389.00 out the door. I posted a thread about it and how hard it was to find about an hour ago.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242309

Old March 21, 2007, 09:41 PM   #85
PSP

That looks like Arnold Swartzaseecamp, a Seecamp on steroids. Nice price on a hard to find gun. NAA is supposed to be making them again soon.
Old March 21, 2007, 10:00 PM   #86
Playboypenguin

Quote:
That looks like Arnold Swartzaseecamp, a Seecamp on steroids. Nice price on a hard to find gun. NAA is supposed to be making them again soon.
Yes, it is very much like my Seecamps big brother.

NAA will be making the .380 Guardian again soon, hopefully. They will be making their own slides and frames in-house. I will be curious to see how well the first few hundred turn out.
Old March 22, 2007, 12:41 AM   #87
westphoenix

The Guardian 32acp is very close in size to the Seecamp 32acp though.
Why is it that Seecamp could make a 380acp the same size as their 32acp, but NAA couldn't?

Different materials?
Old March 22, 2007, 12:49 AM   #88
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Why is it that Seecamp could make a 380acp the same size as their 32acp, but NAA couldn't?
I think it all comes down to craftsmanship. The Seecamps are more along the lines of a handmade work of art whereas the Guardians are a mass production design. The Guardians just cannot have the same time and personal effort dedicated to each one as the Seecamps.
Old March 22, 2007, 05:09 AM   #89
PSP

Quote:
Different materials?
Larry Seecamp stated on his forum that the material he now uses was the prime factor in being able to build the 380 without adding size or weight. It really is a remarkable feat.
Old March 22, 2007, 07:12 AM   #90
NCHornet

The Seecamp also costs more than double the NAA 380. The NAA is no slap together gun!! The fit and finish on the one I purchased is top notch, and the NAA pistol is not ammo sensitive like the Seecamp. They are both fine pistols and serve well as a pocket gun.
For the poster above regarding the Smart Carry, I have thought about it, but decided on a K&D holster for it. I also tried to order a holster from Palehorse, but they are unwilling to take my money since I expect a holster that is in stock, sitting on a shelf should not take two weeks to ship. Buyer beware with Palehorse. I will order a Nemisis or a Mica until the K&D gets here.
Old April 3, 2007, 09:19 PM   #91
brummus

Back-up auto...

Well guys, I have to agree with the Seecamp suggestion...great little gun! They are kinda hard to find in this part of Maryland. I've been carrying since 1983 and what I carry changes with the seasons. When conditions permit I will reach for my Para Ord P1245 LTD. I have a G26, AMT .45 back-up, Firestar Plus in both .45 and 9mm, Beretta Tomcat and KelTec P11. These are just my CCW pieces. After years of trial and error I settle on my modified P11 with a belt clip. The gun is marvelous, shoots well, is completely reliable and clipped to my waistband inside the pants is almost entirely hidden to all but those with a keen eye. I have installed Tractiongrips on it which don't shift and provides a very good purchase. The poly grips don't rust and don't feel cold in the winter. I know you said you're not interested in the KelTec but unless you've had a bad personal experience I HIGHLY recommend it. Having a clip of 9mm beats any clip of .32 any day!

No matter how far you travel...you can always be back in time for tomorrow!
Old April 3, 2007, 09:28 PM   #92
brummus

For Icu2pi

The little J-22 isn't all that bad. I think they sold for about $60 brand new. Now...at the back of the slide you will notice the firing pin cocked indicator. The pin protrudes from the small hole when the gun is cocked. Make certain the gun is UNLOADED! Then, make sure the gun is UNLOADED! Using almost any thing, push in on the aluminum piece that the firing pin protrudes through. At the same time lift up on the back end of the slide. This will disconnect it from the frame, then slide it forward and off the frame. Reassembly is just the reverse.
Old April 3, 2007, 09:50 PM   #93
Michigunner

I just obtained a Seecamp 380 and consider it to be a masterpiece.

I've had a few "pocket" pistols and nothing else came even close to this fine gem. It is a true pocket pistol.

Bill
Old April 4, 2007, 07:19 AM   #94
PSP

Michigunner,
Congats on the .380. Have you checked out the forum at http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl yet?
Old April 4, 2007, 02:59 PM   #95
los

Yes he has!..

And it's an Honor to have him on board!