The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 26, 2007, 06:47 PM   #1
fattsgalore

Recoil reducing guide rod!

Dose anyone have hands on experience with the DPM recoil reducing system. If manufactures statement are true looks to be a good buy.
Old January 26, 2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Jason_G

Never shot one with that same guide rod, but it looks fairly similar to the system on some models of H&K's (USP's for example). I own a USP .45, and it's a pretty soft shooter. I would expect the same or similar benefit from such a similar design. The biggest payoff is not so much the percieved recoil though, but the cushioning it provides for your firearm. The systems like this that work are supposed to make your pistol longer lived by dampening the shock on the internals. If you get one, don't forget to post and let us know if it works for you.

Jason
Old January 26, 2007, 09:36 PM   #3
fattsgalore

Will do after i convert Dollar's into Euro's.
Old January 26, 2007, 10:41 PM   #4
ShipWreck

I really don't see that it would help much, but then, what do I know
Old January 26, 2007, 10:59 PM   #5
fattsgalore

Shipwreck I like, your informative. I dig that.
I'm not a steady handed single shot type of guy. I'm what is called at the range a "Dumper" i simply pull the trigger for dear life till smoke invades my nostrils and permeates my being. With all that said.
I shake like a junky with the bends.
Any gimmick that straightens my act is worth it, and just so you know they make it for the P99. Chances are you already know.
If you go to gunblast or another forum where i posted this you'll see the before and after. I was impressed. and it's a simple drop in piece no modding necessary if i don't like it. Straight to ebay and the plastic rod back in.
Old January 26, 2007, 11:23 PM   #6
Ivory Grips

Such a guide rod was actually produced at one time by a company under the name of Harts. The guide rod was filled with mercury and ball bearings. And it worked to counter act recoil.