The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 1, 2006, 02:07 AM   #1
yoippari

Ranges near Salem, Oregon

I know we have a range in town (Four Corners Rod & Gun Club) but for someone who doesn't shoot too often (yet) the dues are really steep. The other near by ranges I can find is the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club about 30 miles south, and the Newberg Pistol and Rifle Club about as long as drive north. The newberg page hasn't been updated since february. The newberg club has the lowest dues at $20 + $2 per evening's use. Albany's page is updated recently and are even doing a gunshow the 23rd and 24th of september. Their dues are a little more than newbergs but still much more reasonable than 4 Corners'.

Really I am mostly interested in the albany club but given some of the range stories in this forum I figure I should ask about them before going down range.

Does anyone have any experiance with these or other nearby ranges?
Old February 15, 2007, 08:29 AM   #2
fixboot

I live in salem too and if you figure it out, LET ME KNOW! I would love to try out a range instead of driving 30 miles to shoot on the side of a mountain with VERY unpredictible weather! I usually just drive up to snow peak (blm land) and shoot in the pit. There is also an old quarry out by grand rhonde. PM me if you need directions.
Nothing is more satisfying than a brick of .22, a few empty soda cans and all day to shoot at them..........nothing other than......Hmm...maybe my AK-47 and a bag of apples? DAMMIT who has 7.62x39 on sale right now?
Old February 16, 2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Seeker

....if you're going up snow peak look out for bigfoot!
Also you'll be passing the back of my property - used to be able to see Snow Peak main line but my trees got too big...
- do you live in Salem or out towrds snow peak?

my son and I use the 100 yrd range off our deck

"The oppressed should rebel, and they will continue to rebel and raise disturbance until their civil rights are fully restored to them and all partial distinctions, exclusions and incapacitations are removed." --Thomas Jefferson
Don't Tread On Me!
"Equal and exact justice to all men, of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political; peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none" -- Thomas Jefferson

In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us.
-Thich Nhat Hanh
Old February 16, 2007, 06:08 PM   #4
fixboot

Im in town. I sure do wish I lived out in that area though...must be nice to shoot whenever you please! Yeah I was actually reading a website the other day, bigfoot oregon maybe? Funny as hell it mentioned snow peak. Hey Ive always wondered, can you hear us shooting up on the mountain? I always feel like the pit is too noisy. I usually go a few miles up past it to be safe.
Nothing is more satisfying than a brick of .22, a few empty soda cans and all day to shoot at them..........nothing other than......Hmm...maybe my AK-47 and a bag of apples? DAMMIT who has 7.62x39 on sale right now?
Old February 16, 2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Seeker

I am just off Richardson Gap near Snow Peak.

Don't believe I can hear shooting up on snow peak - are you going up past snow peak camp? - last couple of years Weyerhauser has had the gate locked most of the time.

I do hear "Church of the Gun" services each sunday afternoon - but I expect that is just the nieghbors - and me....

"The oppressed should rebel, and they will continue to rebel and raise disturbance until their civil rights are fully restored to them and all partial distinctions, exclusions and incapacitations are removed." --Thomas Jefferson
Don't Tread On Me!
"Equal and exact justice to all men, of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political; peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none" -- Thomas Jefferson

In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us.
-Thich Nhat Hanh
Old February 17, 2007, 11:00 AM   #6
fixboot

Snow peak camp? Im afraid the farthest up I have been is 2 or 3 miles past the big dirt pit everybody shoots in. I sure love it up there, except for the times when the idiot drunks and "thugs" are up there. Dont have a clue how they could have found out about my little slice of shooting heaven.......my dad took me up there when I was little kid and ive been going back ever since!

I usually take 22 out of salem to stayton to kingston jordan rd to albany lions hwy to jordan road to camp morrison drive all the way up the mountain. I think you on the other side of where I go.