The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 12, 2006, 06:53 PM   #1
Newguy

IDPA Legal Kydex holster and speedloader holsters

I am looking for a Holster and Speed Loader holders for IDPA. I am shooting a Smith and Wesson K Frame Model 64 and a Model 10. I have some Safariland COMP II and COMP III speed loaders that I am going to use.

I have some COMP-TAC gear and I really like it but I can’t find any K frame holsters on their web page. I sent them an email and asked, but just in case they don’t make any, can some one recommend a good quality company with a fast turn around time? (These are going to my Christmas present for me from my son; I am leaving for Afghanistan at the end of this month so we are going to have an early Christmas.) I liked COMP-TAC because they had quality equipment and super fast turn around.
Old November 14, 2006, 09:56 PM   #2
DeltaWhiskey

My favorite kydex revolver holster/speedloader holder combo comes from an outfit called Ready Tactical. It's for an N frame Smith but I have some of their speedloader holders for my K frames and they are phenomenal.

Try to call Chris at Ready Tactical directly. I had a really good experience dealing with him but some folks haven't. His website is

www.pistolpacking.com

His gear is great, but you need to speak to him about delivery dates.
Old November 15, 2006, 10:57 AM   #3
9mm1033

FYI regarding Ready Tactical from this site: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=226046
Old November 15, 2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Acrobat

K Frame Holster

The cheapest and easiest to get IDPA legal K Frame holster is the Fobus - https://secure.fobusholster.com/cata...1ca0c53f6b654b

It fits both K and L frame so leaves a gap around the cylender on the K, but works fine and retains well.

Note that ONLY the paddle version of the Fobus is IDPA legal, not the belt loop model and definately not the Roto as these leave a gap between the belt and holster that Bill Wilson made illegal last time he decided the IDPA rules.

You can usually find these at most gun shops and gun shows.

For more infor on what is and is not IDPA legal, see the rule book - http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf
Old November 16, 2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Newguy

I ordered a holster and speedloader pouch set from Talon Tactical. I will do a review when I get it. Mike seemed like a great guy and was easy to do business with.