The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 19, 2006, 07:23 PM   #1
steven2451

Shot spills?

Well, I was just starting out, and i didn't know how to use my press right. So Shot kept spilling on the floor and my bench... And I don't want to take everything out of the room to clean up shot... But you cant walk anywhere in the room without stepping on shot. Is there something lead is attracted to to pick it up? What can I do from keeping shot that spills from going all over the floor?
Old October 19, 2006, 07:25 PM   #2
VUPDblue

Quote:
Is there something lead is attracted to to pick it up?
A ShopVac.
Old October 19, 2006, 07:27 PM   #3
steven2451

Hmm... I don't have one... plus theres powder from when my friend threw a bottle of powder at me... that would be a fire hazard... shop vac picking up powder.
Old October 19, 2006, 07:48 PM   #4
springmom

with friends like that....

...you need some that are grownups.

You are going to have to get down on your hands and knees and pick up the shot. Then you are going to have to wet mop your floor and pick up the powder. Then kick your friend in the ass (actually, you might make HIM wet mop the floor, since this is his fault).

Seriously, reloading, as I understand it, is a SOLITARY occupation. You should have no one or nothing there to distract you (or throw powder at you. Good God Almighty.) If you can't do it safely, do yourself a favor and DON'T DO IT.

Springmom, who thinks she now needs another glass of wine after reading THIS post.

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun
Old October 19, 2006, 08:21 PM   #5
clayking

I don't know why you should have much shot falling out as that is not a normal part of the operation. If you put your loader inside of a tray, I use the top of a plastic bin, it usually keeps powder, shot, etc.contained. Also good if you are working on a loader and drop something.............I agree with Springmom, loading is a solitary job, ..........to tell the truth, it may be one of the reason I reload. ...................ck
Old October 19, 2006, 08:39 PM   #6
steven2451

I know its solitary... And I reload alone... But we go in there to weight lift... And then he dropped a weight on his foot and he got mad then I laughed and he threw many things he could reach at me.