The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

View Poll Results: Which should I buy?
Wilson Combat CQB 3 23.08%
Ed Brown Special Forces 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 30, 2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Drink Miller

Wilson Combat CQB or Ed Brown Special Forces

I've decided to bite the bullet, so to speak, and get what I really want. A Wilson Combat CQB or Ed Brown Special Forces. The price is identical and I like them both so I would like everyone's opinion on which is better. Please answer based on the gun's durability and reliability and also the company itself as far as warranty issues or lack thereof. Thanks
Old October 1, 2006, 01:22 AM   #2
Drink Miller

No replies and two votes apiece.................................................
Old October 1, 2006, 02:33 AM   #3
270Win

I've been having trouble posting on several different boards today; I click "Submit Reply" and it just sits and hangs there ... then resets.

But it looks like things are working again.

I recently bought a used Norinco 1911 that had been sent to Wilson Combat for extensive upgrades. Though it's not a sold-by-them-new gun, the quality is excellent. And in my searches about Wilson, I found many, many satisfied owners who extolled its virtues until they wore their keyboards down.

I have read here that Ed Brown is also very good, but my own personal experience with Wilson Combat (including very prompt customer service!) leads me to vote in that direction. I think you'd be hard-pressed to make a wrong decision, though.
Old October 1, 2006, 03:27 AM   #4
Rob96

I have looked at and handled both. The Ed Brown is just wonderful.
Old October 1, 2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Jeepmark2005

I agree with the above. This is kinda like can a Ford or Chevy haul a sack of groceries better. Both are absolutly outstanding firearms and more than capably of doing anything you need. These are both the top of the A list. Choice either for any reason you like. Either way you will have the best that's out there. I would be equally thilled with either of them. I voted for the Ed Brown but I could go either way. Wilson combat has the best service I have ever heard about but I have no experiance with Ed Brown. My post probably does not help much but there it is. Good luck and enjoy.