The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 27, 2000, 09:47 PM   #1
handgunhunting

I am looking for a few lee 456-220-1r or the hollow point version of the same to try and see if they will work with the loads I have to use (45 gr. pyrodex pistol). Has anyone shot deer with this bullet? I shot 2 white tailed deer this week with the 457 round ball and I could'nt even find 1 drop of blood and I know I hit them well so I want to see if the bullets will work better. pleae a little help wiht this
Old October 28, 2000, 08:07 AM   #2
SKR

Are you really telling us that you wounded TWO deer and didn't bother tracking them down?

Gee...what a sportsman!
Old October 28, 2000, 09:36 AM   #3
Quantrill

Don't be too hasty. Maybe handgunhunting tracked the deer, maybe even found them, maybe lost them. He really doesn't say. And he is looking for ways to improve his performance. Lets give him a chance. Who among us has not lost a track? Quantrill
Old October 28, 2000, 07:18 PM   #4
handgunhunting

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by handgunhunting:
I am looking for a few lee 456-220-1r or the hollow point version of the same to try and see if they will work with the loads I have to use (45 gr. pyrodex pistol). Has anyone shot deer with this bullet? I shot 2 white tailed deer this week with the 457 round ball and I could'nt even find 1 drop of blood and I know I hit them well so I want to see if the bullets will work better. pleae a little help wiht this[/quote]

Old October 28, 2000, 07:23 PM   #5
handgunhunting

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by handgunhunting:
I am looking for a few lee 456-220-1r or the hollow point version of the same to try and see if they will work with the loads I have to use (45 gr. pyrodex pistol). Has anyone shot deer with this bullet? I shot 2 white tailed deer this week with the 457 round ball and I could'nt even find 1 drop of blood and I know I hit them well so I want to see if the bullets will work better. pleae a little help wiht this[/quote]
Think you quantrill, I did look for the deer i looked for over 2 hours on each one and covered 200 sq. yrds. and could not find one drop of blood, any hair or any place the deer laied down. SKR, If you know qa better way of finding a deer with out any signs or trails please let me know.
Old October 29, 2000, 09:13 PM   #6
handgunhunting

Think you quantrill, I did look for the deer i looked for over 2 hours on each one and covered 200 sq. yrds. each and could not find one drop of blood, any hair or any place the deer laied down. SKR, If you know qa better way of finding a deer with out any signs or trails please let me know.