The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 11, 2006, 10:53 PM   #1
manny1

MINUS 1 for Liliysdad

Quote:
Re: mag pads
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Dustin Smith
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx, OK 73055

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliysdad
07-22-2006 01:01 AM
No problem. I will send a MO out on Wednesday (07/26/06) for a total of 17 dollars,correct?

Update on the above transaction if U would......

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=218814

Quote:

Last Activity: Today 11:25 PM

Senior member my ass..............

NON -Payer: YES!!!!!!
Old August 26, 2006, 12:47 AM   #2
manny1

BTT it goes so others know not to deal with the NON-PAYER....
Old August 26, 2006, 01:00 AM   #3
Esquire M Busterbury

No disrespect but in the world of sales this happens all the time. Maybe he just didn't like your tone, or whatever the reason, as a seller, you have the right to sell your wares to someone else. Example: Young lady at the mall wants to sell me cellphone service. I tell her that I'll come back later to look at her products. If I don't come back she should keep selling to the next person, not start up with every passerby about how "that guy" kept stringing her along over a sale. Don't take it personal, just say to yourself "Next" and keep on truckin.

And over seventeen dollars?? Really getting wound up over the big fish eh?
Old August 26, 2006, 01:36 AM   #4
pax
Staff

Esquire ~

Not online. Online, a committment to buy is just that -- a committment. It is the equivalent of a handshake deal face to face.

Because online buying and selling does require trust, it also requires a plain standard of what is and is not acceptable behavior. Promising to send money, and then not sending it, is flatly unacceptable online behavior. It doesn't matter if the amount is seventeen dollars or seventeen hundred dollars: a man's promise is either good, or it is not.

pax
Old August 26, 2006, 02:01 AM   #5
Esquire M Busterbury

I suppose you're right...I guess I was just trying to cut lilysdad some slack for some odd reason. But had it been my wares, I would have simply moved on sans griping. I get the feeling that he's not the say one thing and do another kind of guy but then again a month without a peep...

Lilysdad, where the heck you at? Come and post to regain some lost honor...And give this poor chap some closure.
Old August 26, 2006, 02:16 PM   #6
manny1

Quote:

Hey, just saw your Smart Shopper post on Liilysdad. I've had issues with him as well.
He even told me that "money was on the way" for our deal...before he backed out of it (said his wife told him NO).
When I asked about the money that was already on the way, he told me that he never made it to the Post Office...
I received this above from another guy he stiffed.
Looks like someone has a bad habit of not paying for stuff ............

Quote:
Because online buying and selling does require trust, it also requires a plain standard of what is and is not acceptable behavior.

Promising to send money, and then not sending it, is flatly unacceptable online behavior.

It doesn't matter if the amount is seventeen dollars or seventeen hundred dollars: a man's promise is either good, or it is not.
+1 to that!
Old August 26, 2006, 04:54 PM   #7
Tim Burke

I might even cut some slack if someone wanted to back out, but they should have the courtesy to tell you that's what they are doing. There is a word to describe someone that tells you the money is on the way, and then backs out of the deal.
Old August 27, 2006, 11:05 PM   #8
Kestrel

Yep, it is maddening when someone does this. I had a guy on this forum do the same thing to me, except it was for ~ $900. Said the money order was in the mail, etc...

It never showed up. Guy would not reply to PMs, nor email, nor phone calls. Yet, he's still been active here and on other forums. Pretty irritating.

I ended up selling the item to someone else, but that kind of behavior certainly harms their reputation.

Communication and honesty is the hingepin of online transactions.
Old August 28, 2006, 06:29 AM   #9
Logs

I had a guy said he would take a gun and then we agreed on a time for FTF

Drove an hour to the meeting place and he was a no show. Called him about 10 times that day and nothin'. I left him negative feedback and he flips out.

JUST say you CHANGED YOUR mind. Would save a lot of hassle for both parties.
Old August 29, 2006, 12:42 AM   #10
liliysdad

This was completely my fault, and I screwed up.

To be honest, I forgot about them, and didnt check my PMs for several days. When I did, it had been several days, and I blew it off. I should have communicated better, and I did not.

My fault, wholly, completely, and 110%.
Old August 30, 2006, 01:59 PM   #11
skipjack

"I received this above from another guy he stiffed.
Looks like someone has a bad habit of not paying for stuff ............ "

My opinion is that you are using the term stiffed rather loosely. If you had shipped the goods, and did not receive payment, you would have been stiffed.

People change their minds all the time...if you are going to sell stuff, you better get used to it. I make my living selling, and I can't afford to worry about the one that got away. FWIW
Old August 31, 2006, 12:04 AM   #12
hoghunting

lillysdad,

So now that you remembered, have you sent a check to manny1? How could you still post in this forum and not notice the big box in the center of the screen alerting you about Private Messages?
Old August 31, 2006, 12:41 AM   #13
manny1

Quote:
lillysdad,

So now that you remembered, have you sent a check to manny1? How could you still post in this forum and not notice the big box in the center of the screen alerting you about Private Messages?
Accept a check from this guy? NO way.

Quote:
liliysdad

This was completely my fault, and I screwed up.

To be honest, I forgot about them, and didnt check my PMs for several days. When I did, it had been several days, and I blew it off. I should have communicated better, and I did not.

My fault, wholly, completely, and 110%.
PMO only accepted & I doubt I'll ever see anything from him except lame excuses & he claims to be a LEO?

Guess it will be another month until he posts again on this thread to defend his so called "Honor"?

My guess, is he owes more $$ to guys that he actually buys, believe it or not........

This was originally posted as the warning to all the other good members that I've dealt with thru the years here & elsewhere about this members "Good Business Ethics" of dealing on the net! (IE: Excuses for not paying, which I expected)

Beware of this guy in all dealings IMO & all have been warned!

BTW: PM's & Emails sent for almost a month with no reply, even though he was on-line posting away, & "and I blew it off"
pleeze....

I've been Wheelin & Dealin on most the of the net FS boards for a long time & always pay for what I say "I'll take", thru good & bad times! And I've never forgot about anything I wanted to buy....

My Feedback speaks for itself all over the net FS boards, does yours Lilydude?