The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 3, 2006, 07:28 PM   #1
john in jax

Para Ordnance Customer Service

It seems there are some "upgrades" available for my 12.45 LDA and 7.45 LDA. These "upgrades" are available to me free-of-charge, except I have to pay overnight shipping one-way. The guns work well, so I am torn between the "don't fix it if it ain't broken" and "upgrades" that MAY prevent a possible problem in the future?

Does anyone have experience sending pistols back to Para Ordnance? What kind of turn-around did they tell you, and what was the actual turn-around time? Oh yeah, and what kind of nightmare should I expect from UPS or FEDEX?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
John
Old August 3, 2006, 07:32 PM   #2
rhgunguy

The folks I have talked to have all been helpful and friendly. However, I was only ordering parts so I know nothing of their turnaround times. My IPSC club has a member who has been working on Paras since they came out with the high-cap frames. If I need something I have him do it.
Old August 3, 2006, 07:52 PM   #3
bobhwry

C'mon John,
Spring for the one way postage and take the free upgrades!! No brainer!!
Old August 3, 2006, 09:24 PM   #4
john in jax

The postage isn't an issue. My little 12.45 LDA works perfectly . . . it is the gun I shoot best - - it has become THE carry gun when I CCW. I've become so comfortable with it switching to another CCW, even for 2-4weeks bothers me.

What if I get it back and the NEW recoil system doesn't like my ranges target loads, or the +P ammo I carry for SD? Right now there are No issues with the gun whatsoever, it functions flawlessly, and shoots accurately.

I'm not nearly so attached to the 7.45, sending it back is easy.
Old August 8, 2006, 11:54 AM   #5
fleshwound

I have a P13-45LTD. Had a problem with sights. Para has it's Custom / Repair facility in TN. Good guys. They guy rounded my sights, put dots in them, checked the gun all over and sent it back no charge. The shipping is minimal and well worth it. One thing to be careful of. You call the number that Para gives you with it's manual, you'll be calling Canada. Happened to me and cost me 17 bucks for a phone bill.. I'll look for the custom/repair number in TN and post it if I can find it..