The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old June 4, 2006, 05:49 AM   #1
Lawman0210

I wont get banned if I disagree with one of....

I wont be banned If I disagree with one of your site moderators during a thread discussion will I? Just wanted to know due to being banned from 1_11F_oru_.com yesterday. I left letters out as not to disclose this very prestiegous site that everyone must agree with the administrators. Most of you all will mostly reconize it though. In any event please respond Site guys so that I know whether to waste my time discussing topics here or if I have to move on. Thanks,

I will wait your reply before becoming active in any thread

BTW this is a lot nicer site
Old June 4, 2006, 06:55 AM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Lawman0210, disagree with anyone you like.

It is not the disagreement that gets people banned here. It is the manner and method of disagreement used. Calling people names, that is attacking the person (ad hominems) instead of the argument, will get you banned... If your counter argument boils down to, "Your a $#!7head for thinking that way," expect a mod to step in.
Old June 4, 2006, 08:08 AM   #3
Mal H
Staff

Lawman0210 - we do not do forum wars here or even forum skirmishs. Even so, I have to ask if the reason you were banned was due to your posts concerning the tactical reload issue or was there something else that transpired?

I don't want details, I'm just curious.

(BTW, it took me a good 10 minutes to decipher which site you were talking about. Good job disguising it. It was the extra blank after the 'F' that threw me off the track. )
Old June 4, 2006, 09:26 AM   #4
Pointer

I welcome controversy and confrontation...

I despise rude and un-gentlemanly conduct...

Now you decide...

30-06 FOREVER
Old June 4, 2006, 03:11 PM   #5
Lawman0210

Mal H

Yes I was banned for I dared to contest the vast knowledge of a moderator. I advised that how can he pretend to know more about the tactics and training of my own Dept that I an officer in. In now was I rude of insulting. In fact I gave a compliment as to him having great knowledge btu begged to differ stating that just because he had no knowledge of this training did not make in not true. In any event I led the thread off with you can ban me, suspend, if you would like for my disagreeing. I also indicated that this seems to be a common theme when diagreeing with admin/moderators that they give the last world indicating they are right and then they close the thread. I guess it was not well received. I have had many educational experiences during the short time I was there. I hope that this site can continue that without the juvenile behavior of the other site.

Thank you for your replies.
Old June 4, 2006, 03:40 PM   #6
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Questions asked and answered.

There's nowhere this thread can go but south from here.
Rich
Closed Thread