The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old May 5, 2006, 07:07 AM   #1
USP.40

Arizona Posse arresting illegals

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0506/324962.html

We need more good people like Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Section 13. That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...
Old May 5, 2006, 07:58 AM   #2
mooreshawnm

People like this guy tell me there is still hope for the nation.
Old May 5, 2006, 08:13 AM   #3
HangFire83

Ah yes...back to the Tombstone days when posses wrangled up the stray souls. The Earps vs. the cowboys, Doc Holliday vs. Johnny Ringo. I'm your huckleberry. Sounds like a great idea and I am glad someone is trying to do something about this "problem". More power to 'em.

Jeff Cooper.
Old May 5, 2006, 08:35 AM   #4
Eghad

Quote:
Ah yes...back to the Tombstone days when posses wrangled up the stray souls. The Earps vs. the cowboys, Doc Holliday vs. Johnny Ringo. I'm your huckleberry.
"Volunteers will be drawn from the department's 3,000-member posse, whose members are trained and are often former deputies."

NRA Life Member
Old May 5, 2006, 08:46 AM   #5
Phetro

Quote:
I am glad someone is trying to do something about this "problem".
Forgive me, but I am a bit confused. Do you mean to criticize the posse or the lawyers trying to thwart them?

Personally, I think the posse idea is a great one. The Wild West, contrary to popular belief, was not all that wild. But back then, there were men courageous enough to stand against crime and evil. It does my heart good to see that that courage still exists in today's feminized world.
Old May 5, 2006, 09:09 AM   #6
magooch

Now let's form a posse to round up the wetbacks that are already in this country. I know just the area to start too. Every Sunday a huge group of senors and senoritas gather at the local soccer fields. This is a ready made roundup. It would only work once, but it would be worth it. At the very least we'd get our parks back.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:56 AM   #7
steelheart

Quote:
"We're going to arrest any illegal who violates this new law," he said. "I'm not going to turn these people over to federal authorities so they can have a free ride back to Mexico. I'll give them a free ride into the county jail."
Sheriff Arpaio has got b@lls!! Woo-ha!! We need about another million sheriffs just like him.
Old May 5, 2006, 12:50 PM   #8
HangFire83

Quote:
Forgive me, but I am a bit confused. Do you mean to criticize the posse or the lawyers trying to thwart them?
No no...praising the posse and refering to the illegals as the problem.

Jeff Cooper.
Old May 5, 2006, 12:52 PM   #9
HangFire83

Quote:
Volunteers will be drawn from the department's 3,000-member posse, whose members are trained and are often former deputies
So were the Earps and "Cowboys" at one point or another in history. Some really interesting reading about the history behind all that stuff on the wikipedia web site.

Jeff Cooper.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:10 PM   #10
Wildalaska

Quote:
Now let's form a posse to round up the wetbacks that are already in this country. I know just the area to start too. Every Sunday a huge group of senors and senoritas gather at the local soccer fields. This is a ready made roundup. It would only work once, but it would be worth it. At the very least we'd get our parks back.
Nice..."wetbacks" :barf:

Quote:
We need more good people like Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Quote:
Sheriff Arpaio has got b@lls!! Woo-ha!! We need about another million sheriffs just like him.
Yeah so do the taxpayers when they get hit with a sec 1983 because of grandstanding stunts.

WildsomeofthisstuffisadisgraceAlaska
Old May 5, 2006, 01:13 PM   #11
spacemanspiff

oh come on wildalaska, this guy is doing something great! he's taking these illegals out of society, where they are a burden to taxpayers, and putting them in jail, where they are a burden to taxpayers.

heeeeey wait a minute......a midnight run to the border with a van full of them would be better, right?
Old May 5, 2006, 01:16 PM   #12
Handy

You had better be careful when you go "rounding up". Detaining a citizen or legal resident by a civilian is also called "kidnapping".

"But, your Honor, he was speaking Mexican!"
Old May 5, 2006, 01:23 PM   #13
rellascout

I am constantly amazed just how divisive an issue this is becoming.

Some of the ignorance expressed in this thread deeply saddens me. Calling people "wetbacks" and labeling all people of South American decent Mexicans is very poor form. I know quiet a lot of legal Hondurans that would take serious issue with being call Mexican.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:32 PM   #14
Phetro

Quote:

Some of the ignorance expressed in this thread deeply saddens me. Calling people "wetbacks" and labeling all people of South American decent Mexicans is very poor form. I know quiet a lot of legal Hondurans that would take serious issue with being call Mexican.
My heart bleeds. Really.

It is only divisive to the people so consumed by guilt (courtesy of the minority supremacy media and leftists) that they are mentally unable to see the real picture.

What do you think THEY are calling US? Gringos. And even if they weren't, they're still wetbacks. By the way, the term "wetback" refers to someone who has crossed the border illegally, not to Mexicans alone.

However, Mexicans by far comprise the vast majority of the invaders. And let's just quit with the weak-minded idea that generalizing about people based on solid evidence is a bad thing. Who came up with that idea, anyway...? Oh, that's right...the left.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:46 PM   #15
Wildalaska

Quote:
It is only divisive to the people so consumed by guilt (courtesy of the minority supremacy media and leftists) that they are mentally unable to see the real picture.
Gimme a break dude..."minority supremacy media"??? (I'm dying to know what that is) I mean who is the one hear bringing divisness to this issue...name callers like you, thats who....

We all recognize that there is a serious problem with illegal immigration but silly grandstanders by the Sheriff here and the screaming rhetoric from both sides obscure the problem and the possible solutions.

And by the way...my wife is a LEGAL immigrant so I know darn well about not only dealing with immigration but the total unfairness of folks jumpin the fence when I had to do more paperwork than a cheap shyster does when finding a finger in chili

But enlighten me...whats the minority supremecy media?

WildtellmebubbelehAlaska
Old May 5, 2006, 01:47 PM   #16
rellascout

Quote:
We all recognize that there is a serious problem with illegal immigration but silly grandstanders by the Sheriff here and the screaming rhetoric from both sides obscure the problem and the possible solutions.
+10000

I feel no guilt about immigration or just about anything else but I do believe in treating others with dignity and respect.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:48 PM   #17
Phetro

Quote:
But enlighten me...whats the minority supremecy media?
The leftists controlling the entertainment and news industries. Sorry, I thought that was painfully obvious.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:53 PM   #18
Handy

Would those be the Black Jewish Gay Mexicans that control everything in Hollywood.?

You would think the Illuminati would be able to keep that kind of thing in check.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:53 PM   #19
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Quote:

I'm always amused, when I close a thread and/or bounce a Member, and some "offended" party claims they see a "selective method" to my actions. Well, I would hope my actions are "selective" and not random....what amazes me, though, is the sheer dearth of individuals who actually understand why a specific thread (or Member) has caught my attention. To me it should be pretty evident.

Oh, well. The Illegal Immigrant issue is timely and important. But, if we can't discuss it without the broad brush epithets, sheer ignorance of facts and history and a modicum of sobriety, so be it.

Anyone is welcome to a Part Deux. If it follows the lines of this one our ranks will be thinned without explanation. Hope everyone is on my frequency....because I'm tired of baby-sitting many of you.
Rich