The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 23, 1999, 07:06 PM   #1
Long Path

I'm lazy. I've a couple of very nice reloading manuals with tons of cartridge schematics, but they're.. on the shelf at home. And here I sit, at work.

Working a little, thinking, "What's the C.O.A.L. for the .350 Rem. Mag, again?" And not finding it readily accessable on the Information Superhighway that is this, our Internet.

Sez I, "I will go to the various Gun Links pages that I have masterfully bookmarked on my workplace's computer, and look this up." But alas!

Nothing! Save me from being relegated to a night of incessant work, and nagging questions!
Old August 24, 1999, 09:37 AM   #2
david_m_curry

You could try http://www.winchester.com/ and download their handloading guide in PDF format... it definately has the cartridge specs for a large number of pistol rounds but I am not sure about rifle rounds. Hornady also allows you to download their load data in PDF format, so they might have the information that you seek.

Cheers,
David Curry
Old August 24, 1999, 07:09 PM   #3
Long Path

Ah, this is a good thing.

Except, of course, that much of the surfing for knowledge that I'm doing is at work or on another's machine, which either (a) necessitates a timely download, or (b)have to have the disk with me.
Also, I don't want to clutter the work hard drive with my personal interests. Could, in the long run, curtail my pursuit of my personal interests.

HTML is best!
Old August 28, 1999, 08:17 PM   #4
Rocky Road
Retired Screen Name

I can't believe you didn't have at least ONE manual in your truck--
I would have thought maybe *Cartridges of the World*as well.

BTW--My first post to The Firing Line, and I am acquainted with Long Path. His big pick'em up truck is usually as heavily laden as my SUV.
Best--Rocky Road

------------------
---The Second Amendment ensures the rest of the Bill of Rights---
Old August 30, 1999, 07:33 PM   #5
Long Path

To reiterate: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm lazy. [/quote]

If I do happen to have that Sierra Loading Manual in the back seat of my pickup, it's out there, and I'm in here, and it's 102 degrees f. out there, and it's 70 degrees f. in here.

No fair sharing secrets about my degree of "preparedness," Rocky Road! [grin]

Regards,
L.P.
Old August 31, 1999, 03:29 PM   #6
Walt Welch

Long Path:

There is an answer to your problem. Go to Shooters' Gunlinks:
http://www.shooterslinks.com/

Then click on 'Search by Categories,' then click on 'Product Manufacturers, non Firearm.'

This will give you alphabetical access to all the powder and component manufacturers' data. Remember that Hercules is now Aliant, and Winchester is now Olin. The reloading data, which contain the cartridge specs, are invariably usable in an interactive manner as well as capable of being downloaded.
Just pick out the one you like best, and bookmark it.

Hope this helps, Walt
Old August 31, 1999, 09:14 PM   #7
Long Path

'preciate it, Walt-- will check it out, and bookmark the list of links, too.

The only such list I have currently bookmarked is: http://www.pla-net.net/~rcomer/ammo.htm