The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 21, 2006, 10:46 AM   #1
Doogle

Heritage Rough Riders - how's the quality?...>

I've read varying reports on these single action revolvers. The prices are low and I'd like to hear from anyone with experience of them, particularly the .22lr/wmr combos such as the one below.

Thanks.

Old March 21, 2006, 11:47 AM   #2
DonR101395

I haven't had any problems with mine. I've put about 2000 rounds through it since Christmas. It's not a Ruger single six, but it's half the price so I didn't expect it to be the same quality. As a plinker I'm happy with it.
Old March 21, 2006, 12:03 PM   #3
AirForceShooter

as said, as a plinker it's great for the price.
I get a whole lot of range time with the .22lr. I don't use the .22 mag too much.
At 7 yards it quite accurate (2") and it's got a safety and that's very ususual for a wheelie. So it's great for training kids.

For the price it's hard to beat.

AFS
Old March 21, 2006, 02:56 PM   #4
dallasconundrum

I gave a really long report on mine in a thread a few weeks ago (as did some others) to see that you might look up (rough rider and my name or some such combo in the search field). But, in short, my little Rough Rider and I have had a couple of arguements but we are basically happy together. If you are wanting something just to plink around with it, it is a very fun little gun. Mine is also very accurate and I have made some of my best "I wonder if I can hit that?" shots with it. Just do a check out on the particular one you are looking at before you buy it to make sure everything is as it should be. Also, if you do get it, make sure to check every now and then to see that all the screws are tightened good. Mine used to be very bad about wanting to back out on me after using it quite a bit. All in all, it is worth the money I think though as I shoot mine more than anything I have.
Old March 22, 2006, 08:08 AM   #5
Doogle

Thanks very much for the info.