The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 4, 2006, 07:21 PM   #1
Neuromancer

Gun Juice

If this is posted in the wrong spot feel free to move it. This is what the web site says

Microlon Gun Juice and Assembly Lubricant and Aerosol Metal Treatment can be used on all firearms in place of normal gun oil.

Gun Juice is far superior to oils in that it provides excellent lubrication and is a "Dry Film" lubricant that will not attract dirt, dust or grit which can permanently damage a firearm.

Now my ? is has any one used this product if so how well does it work are there any draw backs to using this is this just another snake oil or is this the real thing I baught some and would like to try it but am a bit scared to try it on my prized HK.

Press- What have you Wrought Mr. Franklin ?
Mr. Franklin Replied- A Republic if you can KEEP IT!
Old March 4, 2006, 11:16 PM   #2
darkvibe

Never tried it but if you decide to use it i'd like to hear how you like it.

Have you ever tried militec-1? Thats what i've been using.
Old March 5, 2006, 10:18 AM   #3
X-RAY

I have used Microlon Gun Juice and assembly lube on all of my firearms for about 1.5 years now.I applied it to the bores and internals as per the direcions. It seems to work as claimed and I have had no issues with it.
I treated my Voltquartson Trigger group for a Ruger 10/22 and although I didn't test the trigger pull with a gague, the percieved pull was lighter after treatment. The bores seem to clean up quite easily, and usually require only one or two passes with a bore snake to get the job done.I took my Sig Mosquito and cleaned and lubed it well, stored it overnight at about 2 degrees F and promptly put 11 shots into the woodpile the next morning withuot a hiccup.As dirty as .22's are, the bolt and reciever on my Ruger 10/22 usually cleans up with a blast of compressed air.
I would be careful about getting it on any glossy finised surfaces like laminated wood stocks as it may dull the finish.
Old March 5, 2006, 07:09 PM   #4
carbiner

I use Mobile 1 synthetic in my carbines, pistol, and revolvers. I've used it for years, they get a light coating in the barrel after every cleaning. It's also great for barrel break in. Nothing can take high sheer forces combined with high heat like synthetic motor oil.
Old March 6, 2006, 10:21 AM   #5
GUNSMOKE45441

I once used a small amount of Slick 50 in the barrel of my shotgun, it took forever to get the stuff cleaned out, but one swipe now makes it shine.
It was worth the initial work. just my .02
Old December 2, 2006, 09:01 PM   #6
Country

Microlon - Gun Juice

I was interested in this product and found this Google link to a product review.

http://www.madogre.com/Interviews/mi..._gun_juice.htm

Please read and let me know what you think.

My gunsmith has used it for years and he treats all my guns with it. I'm in the process of ordering more for him, as he is down to his last bottle.

Go to Microlon.com to order. http://www.microlon.com/gun_metal_treatment.php

don
Old December 3, 2006, 12:06 PM   #7
AR15FAN

I've been having great results using Slip2000 on all my handguns and rifles. I also like Eezox for protecting my stored guns from rust, but the Eezox has some nasty chemicals in it while the Slip2000 does not. I'd rather outlive my guns, but I don't think there is any great loss of protection with the Slip2000, at least not in my climate.
Old December 3, 2006, 01:05 PM   #8
FirstFreedom

Some sort of permanent slicker-upper like this or slick 50 or prolong sounds good for metal on metal parts of guns. But I'm not sure sure about using it on bores. Yeah it will increase velocity, but if it causes rifling to engage less forcefully, it could decrease accuracy, I would think, or at least potentially change the optimal bullet weight that your rifle likes, which could make you displeased.