The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 24, 2006, 05:48 AM   #1
Ruger451

The Best Handgun Deals on the Web

Alright, so I've accepted that my local shops (all two of them) are not going to have the best prices on the different guns I am interested in.

- Ruger GP100 3" stainless
- Ruger P345
- Beretta 92FS INOX (maybe Taurus if I find a truly stellar deal)
- Walther P99

So now I am looking around at all of the conventional websites; GunsAmerica, GunBroker, Guns4Ever, The Gun Source, and so on. It is driving me mad trying to find some good deals that are still existant (for instance, found a 95% Ruger GP 3" for $275, but of course it's already sold).

SO, where should I be looking? Any hidden secrets out there just waiting with the best deals? I would absolutely love to hear your feedback.
Old February 24, 2006, 07:10 AM   #2
XavierBreath

If I were you, I would get a feel for the price of the gun you want in your area, and move over to the used counter. Deals are a combination of knowledge and time finally reaching fruition. Remember the time you invest searching costs you money as well. You could be working earning more money for guns instead of running the roads looking in shops. For many of us deal chasers, it's the hunt we enjoy. You have to understand that no matter how good a deal you get, there will be a better one found by somebody. The key is knowing when the deal is good enough.

Your other option is rather than searching, simply pony up the cash and pay what is necessary to get what you want right now (or put it on layaway). After the sting of the price is gone, very few people regret having bought exactly what they wanted in the first place. Shipping and FFL fees and added aggravation can quickly raise the price of an online deal out of the deal category.
Old February 24, 2006, 09:16 AM   #3
JoeHatley

www.budsgunshop.com

Joe
Old February 24, 2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Marlboro Man

another great place to buy firearms. http://whittakerguns.com/
Old February 24, 2006, 09:54 AM   #5
WhyteP38

I just bought a new pistol from Wilson & Associates, which I found through:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/
Old February 24, 2006, 10:14 AM   #6
urbanassault

www.impactguns.com

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Old February 24, 2006, 04:27 PM   #7
Chris1911

Hey,
budsgunshop has some great deals....I came to hear about him through Gunbroker....I felt that you could find some real good deals on Gunbroker...I've bought a G20, an M700, and an 870 12 gauge through gunbroker all for good prices..check it out