The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 20, 2006, 10:41 AM   #1
IZHUMINTER

Cedar Valley Outfitters in Marion, IA

As a soldier on Active Duty in the US Army, I've been able to legally purchase firearms all over this great country (depending on where I've been stationed). However, I'd never purchased one in my home state of Iowa until last Christmas. I'd been saving up for an EBR, and decided on a Gas Trap Carbine from Patriot Ordnance Factory (see my other thread for the basics on that). The question then arose of who to do the deal through. I contacted several dealers near my parents, and Cedar Valley Outfitters immediately struck me as the friendliest. I placed the order through them and never had cause to question my choice. They contacted me regularly with the status of the order (saving me a long distance call), and charged me far less than other dealers would have for half the service. Chatting with a few other folks who have done business with them, I found out that I am not a special case: they extend the same courtesies to all their customers.

They don't have a large stock of weapons on hand, but can order virtually anything a customer desires. They also carry quite a nice selection of tactical gear (by far the best I've seen in Iowa) and will happily special order those items too. If you're looking to order a rifle, check 'em out. You won't be disappointed.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old January 22, 2006, 02:56 AM   #2
glockopop

I haven't bought a gun there yet, but I've bought plenty of other stuff. I might take a shotgun off Ernie's hands on Monday, though. They have by far the best selection of tactical and competition related items in the area. Definitely the local shop that I'm happiest to support.