The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old December 1, 2005, 08:16 PM   #1
BoneDigger

Charles Daly "Cowboy" Revolvers?

I have read a few reviews on these from other websites and they have generally been favorable, especially for the price. Anyone here have first hand experience with these guns? I know the big CD on the side of the grip and on the barrel is ugly, but according to Mr. Daly they will be removing these emblems soon. I appreciate any advice.

Todd in TX
Old December 1, 2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Sir William

Be wary. KBI/Liberty did use POJ ASM-Armi San Marcos and left over POJ AWA-American Western Arms-ASM single actions at one time. AVOID the ASM made POJ single actions. The newer imported Charles Daly-KBI-Liberty-EMF-IAR revolvers are pretty decent. IIRC, they are sold as Charles Daly and as Great Western IIs and are manufactured by Pietta. The only complaint I am aware of is that they have a tendency to chew up their hands. I have seen a couple with broken action parts. They are good quality but, no single action is going to stand up to abuse such as fanning unless it is the Taurus Gaucho. I would buy the newer Charles Daly single action. I would rather have the Taurus Gaucho.