The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 6, 1999, 11:28 AM   #1
Chad Young

I recently purchased a Marlin Camp Carbine in caliber 9mmP. It is fun shooting little gun and very accurate. I noticed that the receiver is drilled and tapped for a scope mount. I would like to be able to add a low-power scope or a red-dot sight apparatus to the rifle, but I have not seen suitable scope mounts available.

1. Who makes good scope mounts for this rifle?

2. One source suggested that the scope mounts for the Marlin 336 and 30 series will fit this gun. Is this correct?

3. What scopes or aiming devices would you recommend to go with this gun? Its primary function is fun shooting, with seconday functions of critter control and defense.

Thanks!
Old October 6, 1999, 12:46 PM   #2
sharpsrifle

Chad. 1. All the usual manufacturers. 2. Yes, it is correct. 3. Dot sight. Critter control and defense shooting tend to be quick, in low light, and close range affairs. The cartridge is really a short (100 yd.) range proposition. There's not really anything that a scope can do, on that gun, that the dot sight can't do just as well or better.

------------------
Regards, Sharps.

[This message has been edited by sharpsrifle (edited October 06, 1999).]