The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 23, 2006, 07:32 PM   #1
CC Ryder

Anyone load for a M11 slowfire?

I have been loading for my M11 slowfire with no problems til now. I was loading 4.2 gr. of Titegroup behind a 125 gr lead bullet with good results except for barrel leading. Runs good about 645 rpm. (Timed at 643 & 647.)

I recently loaded 3.4 gr. Clays behind 115 gr. FMJ. Not enough power to cycle reliably. However this same load shows high pressure in my H & K P7.
It runs reliably but very slowly in my M16.

I am trying to find a load I can use in my pistol & the MAC. I have ordered some 124 gr. plated bullets from Midway. I suspect my main problem is the powder. I didn't like Bullseye or Titegroup cause they shoot so dirty in my P7; tend to clog it up. Unique doesn't meter well in my Dillon 550. Stop loading for a few minutes; come back and the first throw of Unique is .2 to .4 gr. heavier.
I think I am going to try Winchester 231 next.
Anyone loading for a Slowfire MAC 11?