The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 14, 2005, 07:14 PM   #1
azredhawk44

My first "What if..."

What if...

Gee Dubya somehow finds a way to implement his nationwide "martial law" scheme (or regional quarantine) and gun confiscation goes into effect?

Do you hide your guns when the searches start?

Do you hide your "must have" SHTF guns now before something like that happens?

Do you go out in a blaze of leaded glory when he gets Janet Reno and Dianne Feinstein to help with weapons confiscation?

And what do you do to undo the martial law status in your area?

Or do you join the sheeple...?:barf:
Old October 14, 2005, 08:32 PM   #2
tanksoldier

What are you smokin'?

GEN George S. Patton, Jr.
Old October 14, 2005, 08:35 PM   #3
Dwight55

There are far too many reasons why that will not happen, . . . suffice to say that there isn't enough time left to get it done on his watch, . . .

But if the wicked witch of Arkansas gets in, . . . better get your hole dug, . . . JIC.

May God bless,
Dwight

A woman's place is in the house, . . . but not the White House.
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!
Old October 14, 2005, 08:47 PM   #4
noone

well i dont see this happening in my lifetime, or for that matter ever. but if it did happen all i can say is it would suck to have the job of rounding up guns, especially when they knock on my door.
#1.no
#2.no
#3.no, i would win
#4. im not giving away plan.
Old October 14, 2005, 09:52 PM   #5
USP45usp

I am 37, I should have at least another 37 to go (I doubt it) and I know that anything can happen.

What if this happens.

Well, I guess that I won't see the next birthday that I would have had around that time.

Hey, better than cancer and disease isn't it.

And no, not internet blustering. I know of only one absolute in life, and that is death. I've made my peace (but I haven't learned how to spell) and if the time comes, then I know that I will be taken care of on another realm that is not of the earth.

Wayne
Old October 14, 2005, 10:20 PM   #6
Res O. Lushin

Quote:
What if...

Gee Dubya somehow finds a way to implement his nationwide "martial law" scheme (or regional quarantine) and gun confiscation goes into effect?

Do you hide your guns when the searches start?

Do you hide your "must have" SHTF guns now before something like that happens?

Do you go out in a blaze of leaded glory when he gets Janet Reno and Dianne Feinstein to help with weapons confiscation?

And what do you do to undo the martial law status in your area?

Or do you join the sheeple...?
Wow. You are a freak.
Old October 14, 2005, 10:36 PM   #7
azredhawk44

I don't think it is very unrealistic.

The media is making a big hype of this bird flu that supposedly if it mutates correctly will kill millions worldwide.

Bush made an off the cuff comment last week about looking into using military for policing and quarantine of large parts of the country in the event the bird flu came to the US.

In the meantime, millions worldwide = maybe 25,000 very old, already sick, and very young in the US. Africa, South America and SE Asia may be hit hard, but not us. We are too healthy over all as a country.

But, Bush has presented it and Dianne Feinstein seconded it in Congress the other day.

It could be the next bipartisan breach of civil rights to accompany the patriot act, the suspension of habeus corpus, the brady bill, the AWB in 1994, the NFA of 1986, the machine gun act in the 30's.

Keep an ear to the ground when Congress gets ready to address this issue of Federal Preparedness for emergencies. Listen for suspension of posse cometatus.

But, tactically (since this is the Tactical Forum), what do you do?

Accept it? Attempt to dodge it somehow? Or is this then the time to fight?
Old October 14, 2005, 11:14 PM   #8
Night Watch
Registration in progress

Hmmm? Doubt very much that anything like that will ever happen here!
Old October 14, 2005, 11:19 PM   #9
USP45usp

He asked for your thoughts, not your opinions on him as a person.

"Freak" is a personal attack. Unless you were talking of yourself, then that should be okay.

If you wish to play, then answer the thought given, don't sit there and throw stones, it's getting rather boring to have to read such things when a member asks a question or set's up a "what if".

Wayne
Old October 14, 2005, 11:50 PM   #10
Res O. Lushin

www.dictionary.com

freak: A thing or occurrence that is markedly unusual or irregular

How can it be personal, if I have never met him. A statement such as his was abnormal. 2700 posts, I guess that makes you the forum police? If you don't like peoples responses, maybe you should spend a little less time on the computer.
Old October 15, 2005, 12:08 AM   #11
Russ538

Freak sounds like a personal attack to me, too.

TFL is one of the more respectable firearms forums out there. Wayne is just trying to keep it that way. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion other than calling someone a freak and starting arguments, it might be a better idea to click the "back" button and move to the next thread.

BTW, a personal attack does not imply that you've met the person.
Old October 15, 2005, 12:24 AM   #12
Rob P.

Quote:
How can it be personal, if I have never met him. A statement such as his was abnormal. 2700 posts, I guess that makes you the forum police?......
Why does this smell like a troll? If you are truly not a troll I apologize for saying so but your words seem to follow the script of a troll.

Set up an attack. Respond with "I did not", "I never", or some other words to that effect and immediately riposte with more "button pushing" inflamatory words in an attempt to create the illusion of being victimized when those who are insulted respond to the attack.

If you are not a troll you should learn some etiquette and refrain from following the script.
Old October 15, 2005, 12:24 AM   #13
Res O. Lushin

Car freak, boat freak, knitting freak, gun freak. Take it how you want, it was an observation, not an attack. Now, if I said he was an idiot, that is a different story. Maybe I should use one of those smiley face thingys so others don't get all defensive.
Old October 15, 2005, 12:37 AM   #14
Res O. Lushin

First of all, azredhawk44, sorry your thread is getting derailed.

Quote:
...learn some etiquette and refrain from following the script.
What are you talking about? Since when are opinions and ideas bad etiquette? When you don't like them? Where can I find this "script" so I don't fall victim to the infamous status of a troll?
Old October 15, 2005, 12:45 AM   #15
Hayley

Name-calling, I learned from Mrs. Smitha in first grade, is bad manners. But this kind of special pleading:

"The media is making a big hype of this bird flu that supposedly if it mutates correctly will kill millions worldwide.

Bush made an off the cuff comment last week about looking into using military for policing and quarantine of large parts of the country in the event the bird flu came to the US.

In the meantime, millions worldwide = maybe 25,000 very old, already sick, and very young in the US. Africa, South America and SE Asia may be hit hard, but not us. We are too healthy over all as a country.

But, Bush has presented it and Dianne Feinstein seconded it in Congress the other day."

...is total rubbish. A front-loaded assumption, selective "evidence" that seems to provide support, leading one to conclude that the original assumption is legitimate is bad manners too--not to mention out of place in "one of the more respectable forums out there".

...gotta go now to purchase more silver. The Masons, after more than three hundred years (or is it four?) of planning, will soon bring about a crisis in the
international money supply!
Old October 15, 2005, 12:52 AM   #16
RosaMariTB

"A woman's place is in the house"

What if God decides to bless those who can understand that a woman's place is not just in the house but any place she chooses to be whether is a red, white or blue house or even a kennel ?

This post refers to # 3 above; I'm just slow with computers, sorry.
Old October 15, 2005, 01:04 AM   #17
Clinot

Doubt that would happen, but if it did I am quite confident that a lot of 'boating accidents' would suddenly start to be reported.
Old October 15, 2005, 01:43 AM   #18
xXStarScreamXx

Bury the guns in th backyard in several places, deep then bury random car parts a little shallower all over the front and back yard so when they bring the metal detectors they will get bored of digging up lugnuts and valvecovers all day.
Old October 15, 2005, 06:00 AM   #19
stratus

I can understand "what if" threads even if they are somewhat... imaginative. That's the fun of it. I myself spend a significant amount of time and energy preparing for things that probably won't happen to me, so I can relate. I'm going to suspend my disbelief and answer the original poster's question as to what I would do and why, if such a situation ever occurred.

If any part of the U.S. Government, by its actions, ever revoked one or more of our Constitutional rights as U.S. citizens, then I would not recognize the parties carrying out those actions as members of the true U.S. Government any more than I would recognize a malignant tumor as a part of a human being's original genetic structure. When America is no longer recognizable as America, that's when we all ought to take up arms.

Martial law my @$$. I'd hide the guns if I could, and barring that, I'd fight to protect my right to have them, and I'd die making a huge point. Of course, my motives would be predominantly overlooked and I'd go down in the eyes of the general public as just another raging madman, because I would most likely not be alive to tell people why I did what I did. And if I somehow survived to convey the reasons for my actions (in handcuffs or a hospital, for instance), I'm sure my words would fall on utterly deaf ears. The media's just too liberal.

I'm quite serious.
Old October 15, 2005, 10:34 AM   #20
USP45usp

For the original thread:

They would have to get the entire military to support the commands given and there would be a few (more than a few sadly) that will carry out their orders without question.

But I don't think that you would get the majority of the military to do so.

You have to remember that the entire federal force out there (excluding the military) is very small in relation to the population in general. The only reason that they can control us and keep us in fear of them is due to they make selective, single targets and then attack. All the rest of us do is watch it unfold on tv, grip the arms of our armchairs and say, "I would never allow that" or "I would do this, or I would do that".

Then take the last gulp of coffee, get into our cars and goto work. Then after it's all over we would hit the boards and "Monday night quarterback" what we would've done if that would have been us.

Knowing full well that we would have done nothing of the sort. If we had done something, we would have been in our cars not going to work but to help the people being prosecuted and murdered.

They know that we will stand-alone and that others will just stay out of it. Since they know this simple fact, they know that they have all the time in the world to get to where they wish to go.

And even if you do survive, you wouldn't have enough money, not even if you had the entire wealth of the 5 riches people in the world, to fight the US government, who has an unlimited supply of money.

Not only that but you would have the media against you, regurgitating everything that they are fed to demonize the person or persons. Using such terms as child molesters, drug dealers, cult, machine guns, and freaks.

You have to remember that warfare is 80% mental, and only 20% physical. Turn the people against the person, and you've already won the war.

Wayne
Old October 15, 2005, 11:30 AM   #21
Rob P.

Quote:
What are you talking about? Since when are opinions and ideas bad etiquette?
When they are not "opinions and ideas" but are, instead, slurs and insinuations against the person. Reread your first post
Quote:
Wow. You are a freak.
There are NO "opinions or ideas" contained in that single sentence. Instead it is directed at the person and not the topic of discussion. Please reread the FAQ's so you'll know that doing that isn't proper forum manners or etiquette.

back to the subject

#1) I'd refuse to hand over my guns but wouldn't "hide" them. Remember there's not supposed to be a registration list so they aren't supposed to know that I have a gun.

#2) Ditto

#3) IF they came for my guns they'd have to have a warrant. That'd be hard to get without some sort of proof (P Cause) that I was a gun owner. Blanket warrants are illegal and have been determined to be illegal by SCOTUS. But, IF they DID have a warrant, I'd give them the guns listed in the warrant. They would NOT get my bows, knives, BP guns, or any other weapon not listed in the warrant.

#4) Should this occur, there would be a national outcry and many many protests. Lots of people would die in Ruby Ridge, Waco type confrontations and it would be general anarchy. Bush would use that to justify his imposition and confiscation (bootstrapping) but that would not stop the carnage. Eventually the people would either capitulate or formally revolt against the government. I believe that a revolution would occur as our histories have shown that any people repressed in this fashion have ALWAYS overthrown their oppressors.
Old October 15, 2005, 11:49 AM   #22
PythonGuy

OK, I'll be more mellow......

Last edited by PythonGuy; October 15, 2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old October 15, 2005, 12:11 PM   #23
USP45usp

And yet, another worthless reply to the thread. I guess that if you demean a person, call them names, and then get upset when called out on it, that makes one an intellect that others just can't understand and therefore, everything said by them is worthless.

And I do remember people saying that there are no stupid questions so ask away, you won't get flamed.

I guess the rules and the attitudes of the members have changed. That there are stupid questions so therefore, the board is useless because if you have a question, then it's a stupid question, and thus should have never been asked.

Right?

And if it were so stupid, the admins/mods would have closed it down from the start, not allow it to continue.

I for one thinks that if one doesn't have a productive reply to a members question or "what if" then they should make good use of the back button (that one in the upper left hand side of the brower) and continue on to another thread where their advice or opinion could be of some use.

Wayne
Old October 15, 2005, 04:16 PM   #24
PythonGuy

Well, there may not be any stupid questions, but there sure are some dumb ones.
Old October 15, 2005, 04:17 PM   #25
Res O. Lushin

Rob P................oh forget it, enjoy your weekend.