The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 4, 2000, 09:28 PM   #1
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

Yesterday, I received my CQC-S that Lou Alessi sent me. Just like my post on the CQC-I for the Kahr MK9, this holster is amazingly beautiful. It is very original and well-built.

The CQC/S is a belt holster. Personally, I wore it on my strong side hip. It has a 15% cant which makes for a very fast draw. The loops have snaps for easy on, easy off.

The mouth band is reinforced so the holster will not collapse upon drawing. The CQC/S is custom molded for perfect fit for a large variety of guns.

I must add that carrying around close to 4 lbs of 1911 steel is normally a chore. However, this holster made wearing that much weight VERY comfortable. In the past, I bought $165 holsters in order to wear my full size 1911's all day. No need anymore to spend that much money.

Holster will run you $90 but well worth it.

Wearing a full size 1911 and Kahr MK9 with Lou's holsters.

CQC/S with my Les Baer

Old November 4, 2000, 10:26 PM   #2
Jim V

Good work isn't it?

------------------
"If there be treachery, let there be jihad."
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Old November 5, 2000, 04:24 PM   #3
VaughnT

Thanks for the pics, Son. You gotta great butt, but let's talk holsters for a minute.

I am considering this model to replace the fobus paddle but was wondering if you found the snap assembly too bulky?

Did it go on/come off easily? The system is identical to my duty belt keepers but...

How high does it ride? I have massive love handles (for a sound purchase, of course) and have to wear the belt low. Can you get a high-ride version?

It is definitely the best I've seen to date and I hope it will work for me. Maybe it'd be better to get lyposuction first and then shop for holsters.

Again, great butt.

------------------
When Reason Fails.....
Old November 6, 2000, 01:45 PM   #4
buzz_knox

Have you ever tried a Sparks VM-2? How does it compare in terms of thickness? I realize the VM-2 is an IWB but it seems comparable, and I prefer the spaced belt loops.

[This message has been edited by buzz_knox (edited November 06, 2000).]
Old November 6, 2000, 03:26 PM   #5
Rosco Benson

Just yesterday, I was using my Alessi CQC-S (made for a P-35). The CQC-S is wonderfully stable on the belt. The fit, finish, and overall workmanship is exceptional. These are great holsters!

Rosco
Old November 6, 2000, 03:56 PM   #6
cobraman

Aw crap I wanted to make the butt joke
Old November 6, 2000, 04:47 PM   #7
M1911

buzz:

I've got a Milt Sparks VersaMax2 for my Kahr MK9. I use it as a tuckable, and it conceals pretty well. You do have to blouse your shirt a bit, so a slightly larger shirt works best. But that lets you go without a cover garment. Someone who looks carefully may see the clips under your belt or the bulge of the belt line.

Downsides to the VM2 are that it is something of a pain to put on and tuck in your shirt. And if you have to use the facilities, you have to tuck in your shirt again. I also find it to not be as comfortable as my IWB holster from Rusty Sherrick.

My Kahr MK9 is a whole lot smaller than an M1911, so I don't know how well it would work for a larger gun.

M1911