The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 1, 2000, 01:40 AM   #1
Medic

I was perusing one of the local pawn-shops the other day when a rather interesting item caught my attention. It was a red-dot scope of a curious configuration. The scope was comprised of what appeared to be two separate pieces that are joined to form a single unit. The lower section was the actual tube that you peer through. Although it wasn't actually a tube, but a a rounded block. Tho top section was more tube-shaped and sported the windage and elevation adjustment screws. The forward end of the top section also contained the battery compartment and the "on switch". The switch is a knob with approx. 10-12 settings for adjusting the intensity of the dot reticle. The rear portion of the top end was sloped at approx. 35 degree angle and had a plastic piece on it with the letters "B X V I C F..." or something to that effect. The base of the scope is an attachement for a Weaver rail. One more item about the scope itself, it required a 3v lithium camera-style battery, which is housed in the top part behind the switch.

Now some other background. The box it is packaged in has simplistic "line-type" design in black, gold and red with an image of the scope. Additionally this image of the scope shows it configured differently from the way it is packaged. That is, the top section is mounted so that the it and the optic tube are side by side, so that the top half would over-hang the side of whatever it is mounted on. It also has the name "Tasco" situated in a star-like emblem and "WRP" for Weatherproof, Rheostat, Polarized. The box and the scope itself also have the name "Tascorama" printed on them. The sales-person couldn't provide too much information that wasn't already apparent by looking at the box and scope. The scope seemed to be well made. It was very solid and even had rubber o-rings on the adustment screws and battery cap/switch that would support the "weather-proof" claim on the box. Additionally, it did not appear that this thing has seen much use. The finish is flawless and the only wear I could find was on the dove-tail blocks on the rail attachment. Can anyone here provide some info on this scope. It has peaked my curiosity to say the least. I have searched the WWW far and wide, but only found one match which was a reference to an old magazine listing.

______|-|____
/____________|>
[__________|]
---------------

If you use your imagination, it looked something like that. Kind of looks like it would be at home on a bullpup or the something similar. Can anyone provide anything else about this thing?

[This message has been edited by Medic (edited October 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Medic (edited October 02, 2000).]