The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 1, 2008, 06:14 PM   #126
hustler

I have a carbine 9 mm and its very accurate with those peep sights for me. My friends often plink cans at 75 yards or so and hit once or twice per mag and this little rifle is rattling it around almost every shot.
I'll agree, its totally ugly. But I love the way it feels in the hands, especially when its up to your cheek ready to shoot.

I've also owned a 9mm pistol. I know you dont want second hand talk but I owned HIS EXACT gun after it was repaired so here is my story. My co-worker shooter buddy had this pistol and it would not fire after 500 rounds or so. He sent it back to high point, they replaced some parts (I believe firing pin and maybe a spring????) and was fine after that. All taken care of for free to him!

I bought it soon after because I wanted a 9mm pistol, it was my first. I didn't enjoy shooting it as much as I did the carbine. I never liked the feel of the pistol. It is very top heavy from my memory. When its shot it slings that heavy slide back and makes it feel (to me at least) like its pushing back with a rubbery resistance feel when it stops and slides back forward.
I dont know if thats explained very well, but I just didnt care for the feel, nor the looks. the rifle I could live with but the pistol is really ugly imo lol.
It shot fine though after that first repair for probably another 1000 rounds or so then I traded it off for a star b (LOVE this gun)

Brad