The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 22, 2000, 12:57 AM   #1
Cyric13

I'm thinking about getting a Blade-Tech IWB holster for my 1911 for CCW carry and was wondering whats better to use, whats easier to conncel the loop style or the J-hooks style????
I'm leaning toward the J-hooks with FBI cant.
thanks, Cyric13
Old January 22, 2000, 03:01 AM   #2
KaliSIG

Cyric13,

I'd suggest going with the J-hooks. They're easier to conceal than belt loops. Plus, it's easier to put on/off. I have the Blade-Tech IWB's for my SIG P226, P228, & P239. I purchased them with belt loops, but luckily, Blade-Tech offers the J-hooks as an accessory. I really like the holsters but wish I got the J-hooks. Hope that helps.

------------------
"No matter how deadly you may be, you must contain your art within the sphere of good motives against a background of peaceful intentions."
G.M. Ramiro U. Estalilla
Old January 22, 2000, 09:47 AM   #3
45King

I usually carry in a Rosen ARG, but I have a Blade-Tech IWB for summer carry. I too carry a 1911, and I ordered the one with the belt loops and FBI cant. I've already had to order a set of replacement straps because they tend to break easily after many snap/unsnaps. I think I'm going to look into getting the J hooks as they sound more durable and easier for on/off.
A word about the IWB for 1911's-they have a tab on the inner side to shield the thumb safety. I found that this tab gouged into my side, so I cut it off even with the outer side of the holster. It's much more comfortable for me that way, but you might want to try wearing it a bit first before you make that decision; it may work just fine for you unaltered.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard at The Shottist's Center http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

Old January 22, 2000, 12:33 PM   #4
Cyric13

Thanks guys! That's what I was thinking that the J-hooks would be easier to concel and more durable.

Cyric13