The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 3, 2005, 04:44 PM   #1
xdfan

need a little help

new to hunting and need someone who is willing to show a newbie the ropes......live in Colorado not a youngun but parents/family/friens were never into this......I've got the gear and the want....just need someone to show me those things my dad should of when I was 16. Been trying to do it on my own this past year or so and it;s a bit frustrating.

interested in everything from small game to birds to the biguns etc

So anyone who might have a resource I can look into would be great

Nate
Old August 3, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
22-rimfire

You might consider hanging out at the shooting range? Talking and meeting people etc. Many people just don't have time for some one new to the hunting sport because they already have their little group.

You could join a hunting club also... everybody there is there for the same thing.
Old August 6, 2005, 02:32 PM   #3
xdfan

i hear you there 22 but all the time I hear the old "get someone involved in our sport to keep it alive" but it seems like it's more talk than action......had something set up for this year but the guy flaked on me .......oh well persistence is often rewarded.
Old August 15, 2005, 12:37 AM   #4
arcticap

This is a previous post of mine:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found it very helpful to read many, many issues of Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, Sports Afield, Petersen's Hunting etc... Some libraries stock several years of back issues to take out and the issues from Sept.-Feb. usually have a lot of hunting related articles. It took me a long time to start to become successful at small game, but once I did, it paid dividends in deer hunting
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Checking out this thread should help you further:

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=142136