The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 16, 2005, 02:03 PM   #1
BerettaCougar

Lanyard for Keltec 380!

Okay I have to admit the summer has defeated me, the minicougar i usually pack is too heavy for the clothes I would like to wear (swimming trunks, or other loose fitting clothing)

So I've been looking at the 380 keltec.. I like the pocket clip that goes on the side.
but At the gun shop I saw a keltec lanyard, hangs the pistol between my belly button and chest, I could see this being usefull while wearing a button up shirt.
EX: Life in danger you rip your shirt open like hulk hogan and raise the weapon... might look funny and is probably not as quick as a pocket or holster draw, plus the weapon is dangling around and never in a set place... so what REAL purpose does this lanyard have? maybe while driving, easier to get to than a pocket or holster.

Also how many of you pack more than one gun at a time, It would be nice to have my cougar in my pocket, or maybe a keltec 380 and another one on my neck, incase it hiccups.

you guys give me some input!
Old July 16, 2005, 02:32 PM   #2
Kevin Quinlan

I can't imagine needing 2 pocket guns. Unless you are in the CIA or hang at biker bars one should do the trick.

Kevin
Old July 16, 2005, 02:51 PM   #3
michael t

If you want a KelTec then Pocket carry it. or use the clip IWB around the neck not good. I carried a Baby Browing clone (Bauer) chamber empty mag full on Kite string around my neck in 70's and early 80's when I was a suiter and worked in a office where no firearms were allowed. Kite string breaks easy does the laynard I want nothing around my neck that could be used against me,
American Classic new home www.americanclassic1911forum.com