The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 28, 2005, 07:58 PM   #1
Leif

Ruger 10/22, Williams Firesight Problem

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Rifle or Accessories section, so moderators please move accordingly as you see fit.

I recently installed a Williams Firesight set on my Ruger 10/22. This is the set that uses an adjustable aperature sight mounted to the receiver.

The problem I'm encountering is that the receiver-mounted sight tends to work itself loose after awhile. Naturally, the recoil of the 10/22 is pretty light, but it must be enough to loosen the unit and its components. I've tightened it as much as I can without damaging it, but it continues to work itself loose. I thought about using Loctite, but won't this prevent my being able to adjust the sight after it dries?

Has anybody encountered this problem? What is a good solution for it? Thanks in advance.
Old November 30, 2005, 11:43 AM   #2
Brian Williams

Use loktite or some fingernail polish
I just lost the rear aperature holder and peep disc after my daughter was shooting mine.
Old December 2, 2005, 11:52 PM   #3
danc

peep sight

Only use loctite on the mounting screws. If the elevation will not tighten call williams at 1-800-530-9028