The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 16, 2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Tazman34685

Millennium Pro PT140 VS Glock 27

First let me start be stating that im glad to find a forum with a following for so fly by night set-up....
I just got my ccw Lic. and I'm slit between the Taurus and the Glock. I know both are 40 cal. the price difference is about $200 ($329 for the PT140/$524 for the glock27). You see I dive a 26' box truck and jumping in and out of it here in florida where short pants and short sheve shrit are a must conceal ablity is the number one issue, I don't need to bring attention Oh and yes I have read about the track record of both the Glock and the Taurus. Glock for its great reliability and the Taurus for finially getting their Millennium series perfect. Any wisdom would be a great help. purchase day is tomorrow PAYDAY

Thanks
Old June 16, 2005, 05:30 PM   #2
Russ93YJ

look at the SA XD sub, you get the better of both worlds and not too pricey
Old June 16, 2005, 06:09 PM   #3
Eghad

SA XD is worth a look I like the fact that it has a grip safety also.

owned a PT140 and didnt like the DAO triger pull...traded it in and bought an XD

NRA Life Member
Old June 16, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Eric Larsen

Well.....Im an XD supporter in a minor way....I love the 4". But when it comes to the Compacts.....Id probably take the little Taurus over the others.
Glocks.....well, ........what can you say..they are Glocks. The run like a Timex. But the Taurus is thinner and the Pro series has proven to be very very good.
Youll need to send me you gun for about 6 months with a case of 40 ammo.
I can make you a proper holster and make sure the design works by doing practice live fire draws..........hey, I would do that for you to make sure the holster is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shoot well.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old June 16, 2005, 09:46 PM   #5
Tazman34685

And The Winner Is Kahr P40

After all of the switching between the glock and the taurus I ended up with a Kahr p40, IWB holster, gold dot 40 sw155 Gr and PMC 40 SW 165 gr for the range. that where lunch will be spent. I hope to put 150 rounds into it. I'll post feed back from the session
Old June 16, 2005, 09:57 PM   #6
45 Fu

I'm going to go out on a limb here and do something daring...actually answer the question.

Both are excellent pistols. The Taurus has an external safety and its trigger pull is longer and heavier than the Glock's. The Glocks are the epitome of simplicity - point and shoot. You can use the magazines for the larger pistols (22 and 23) in the 27. Other than that, they are very close in reliability (an edge to the Glock here), and they handle about the same.

Now for my biased opinion: the Glock grip angle fits my hand better. I have owned many of them and still have a 22 and a 19. I've had two PT-111s, and they were solid pistols, but I just liked the Glocks better.

Either one you get will be a solid weapon. Just hold them both and the one that feels best, buy it. Then shoot it, enjoy it, and don't listen to anyone who gives you grief over what you bought.
Old June 16, 2005, 10:00 PM   #7
timothy75

Great choice those Taurus's had problems in the 40cal, and the Khar is slimmer than both have fun.
Old June 16, 2005, 10:05 PM   #8
jonathon

If you can spend the money, buy the Glock. The Glock compacts can't be beaten unless you go even higher in price.

XDs feel nice, need to shoot one...

Personally wouldn't buy south american crap, but yeah.
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old June 17, 2005, 09:46 AM   #9
tanstaafl4y

I owned a PT-140 and G-27 at the same time...Mine was an early Taurus and had some issues. I much prefer the Glock.

Both are comproable in size and weight. Yes the G-27 is more expensive but I never had feeding problems or the barrel FAIL TO UNLOCK with the glock. Glock magazines are less expensive and there are more aftermarket products made for the Glock (holster, laser, etc) The only negative is that factory barrels "bulge" the cartridge case making them unsutable to reload but you not "suppose" to shoot reloads in a glock anyway.