The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 20, 2012, 10:57 PM   #1
frigate88

How'd I do?

Well I just traded out one of my glocks and jumped into the 1911 world. I traded out a glock 23 with some extras for a Remington R1 with some extras. Just got it tonight so I haven't got to shoot it yet, but will this weekend. So will I regret this trade or jump on the 1911 wagon and start adding them up as well?
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for thier own actions."
****BLEED BLUE, 10-8****
Old June 20, 2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Sgt Pepper

Awesome!!! You can always get another or trade back into a Glock 23 - they are always readily available at steady new prices and good used prices. Nothing like a government .45 though. Nice work!
Old June 21, 2012, 08:32 AM   #3
skoro

I don't own a Glock, but I've shot some. I do own a few 1911s and have shot them extensively. The 1911 is definitely a different animal. The trigger has very short travel, which I like. It's purely a personal preference issue and it may or may not feel right to you. And another big difference from Glocks is that 1911s are very sensitive to magazine problems. The vast majority of FTF, FTE problems with a quality 1911 can be traced to a magazine that's either been slightly deformed or has a spring/follower issue.

Keep a good quality magazine in your 1911 and chances are you'll be a happy guy.

Enjoy!