The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 21, 2005, 07:20 PM   #1
DunRanull

Location: Southern Colorado, where a small working knowledge of southwestern Hispanic culture is considered polite.
P-95DC Ruger?

OK, I just bought a used but barely broken-in Ruger P95 with the decocker. My buddy used it briefly before he became a deputy sheriff, where they issued him a .40 Glock. I gave him $250 for the pistol, 5 Ruger mags, holsters, leather case, and original box and papers. The weapon is very clean and well taken care of. Uses the same mags as my now retired P89.
It fits real nice down the back of my pants, and I like the feel of it. Its not a Browning but it is safer than the usual single action, (esp for concealed) and is the same size as my duty S&W in .40, but more firepower.
Tell me, did I get took on the deal???
Old May 21, 2005, 07:23 PM   #2
jonathon

Sounds like you are a very good haggler All the mags high caps? Even better if it shoots.
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old May 22, 2005, 10:14 AM   #3
DeltaWhiskey

You did really well, now go shoot it and smirk to yourself about how you got over on your buddy.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:27 PM   #4
Bullrock

DunRanull

Quote:
It fits real nice down the back of my pants, and I like the feel of it.
A little gun goosing going on???

I just bought a new Ruger P95D15, it will be in this week, and I just know it's going to feel good down the front of my pants...

I paid $350 for it! No accessories. You got a lousy deal! Wanna trade???
Old May 22, 2005, 02:35 PM   #5
crow

Hi, congratulations on your P-95. I have one and it is a very good, dependable pistol.

But, I do not like mine for concealed carry because of it's size and the mag release. The mag release can grab on your clothing and engage on pulling your gun and then your mag will just drop right out. This would not be a good thing to happen when mr. bg is trying to make your life miserable.

There was somebody, somewhere that told me how to grind the mag releases down so they will not stick out so much. I never did it with mine, but it sounded like a good idea.

Other than that, you have a great pistol. Mine has been 100% reliable.
Old May 22, 2005, 02:49 PM   #6
lee n. field

You did fine.
Old May 22, 2005, 05:45 PM   #7
Bullrock

Crow

Quote:
I do not like mine for concealed carry because of it's size and the mag release. The mag release can grab on your clothing and engage on pulling your gun and then your mag will just drop right out.
I don't see how this could happen with a hi-ride belt holster and proper fit...
Old May 22, 2005, 11:09 PM   #8
crow

I am not built to wear a gun on a belt holster and have it concealed. I wear it inside my pants.
Old May 31, 2005, 03:25 AM   #9
Combat Kenny

P95

Hi,

I picked one up, when I was a armed security guard. Good firepower and good price. I bought mine for 275 new, but that was with two ten round mags. Holster and other mags were extra. I think that you did very good. Never had a problem with it. But I think that it is a bit thick for CCW. But then again, that is me.

Good luck and good shooting.
Old May 31, 2005, 10:17 AM   #10
Bullrock

Hey Crow

I'd wear mine that way, except there's not enough room...
Old May 31, 2005, 06:36 PM   #11
crow

Well, it won't be a problem for me anymore. I sold my P-95 last week. Now I have to figure out what to replace it with. Thought I had if decided, but now am rethinking my decission.
Old May 31, 2005, 10:37 PM   #12
pt92

Sounds like a geat deal to me as this weapon is one of the most durable to be found--As somone else stated in another thread, the recent 10K shipment of these to Iraq speaks to the gun's reputation.

-Cheers