The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 20, 2005, 03:23 PM   #1
vega

Interstate arms SxS

I was at Big5 the other day and I saw this SxS for $219.00. I'm not really sure if it's auto eject. Is that rifle made by Norinco? Can it be used for hunting? The barrel is only 18.5 or 20" and it's not threaded for choke.

vega
Old May 24, 2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Webleywielder

Norinco Double Barrel sxs 12 ga.

Besides the price, I am really impressed with the improvement on the fit and finish on the Norinco SxS with a firing pin safety. The finish and fit on the ones without the firing pin safety is terrible. If the law allows it ,you could use it for hunting, but it would handicap you with very slow lock time, weight, and patterns probably inferior to most other shotguns. It does have the advantage of a very simply and safe manual of arms due to the firing pin safety, exposed hammers, and ease of loading and unloading. It would take little time to train someone to use it for self-defense and not worry about them doing many of the unfortunate things the inexpericed do with pumps and autos and the weight would reduce the recoil to a less intimidating level.
I like mine and it is suprisingly accurate with slugs.

In a world devoid of semiautomatics, a properly set-up Webley is the ultimate full-size self-defense handgun.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:07 AM   #3
vega

Thanks for the input.

vega