The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 18, 2005, 08:49 AM   #1
bclark1

Decent Safe Deal at Outdoor World

So I've been looking for a safe as I've got enough guns and ammo that I can say "This shouldn't just be sitting in my closet." I've been digging around trying to keep it in the sub-$600 range (VERY low I know) but with fire protection. Farm & Fleet had a Remington that was up-to-par for me on sale for $599, but that deal ended before I could act. Winchester has a similar one if you're a Sam's Club member. I called a bunch of places over the past few days and it was starting to look like I'd have to grab a club membership and go with the Winchester. But then I called over to Outdoor World - I believe it was $549 for a 22-gun Redhead safe, with the usual fire-rating of 30min/1200deg. I believe it's made by Granite Safe, the same people who do the Winchesters and Cabelas safes. I'm going to try and head out there this weekend and grab one, and I figured I'd pass that on to other people because it does seem like a steal.