The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 19, 2005, 05:00 PM   #26
mpi

i was at the show in question on saturday and sunday. the ad was about 5 minutes befor i got there and i heard snippetts of conversation about it as i walked into the showroom. there was very little anxiety about and mostly business as usual. i did hear that a meeting was already scheduled for sunday morning to "discuss" the problem between the sponsers and the development company that owns the expomart. i didn't hear how that went though.
harry
Old June 12, 2005, 12:29 AM   #27
Sulaco2

Theebadone its a completely true story Tim was a patrol partner of mine in the 80's, he retired soon after and became a painter in oils doing very well I hear.

We had a AD at the Wa Arms Collectors show some years back. Some z#$%@ head had a round jambed in the chamber and snuck it into the show to have a friend of his at a table look at it. When he handed the gun to the friend it went off slightly wounding a young kid nearby. The fair grounds ownership damn nearly canceled the contract and I can't really blame them. We still have the show there every month but the security now has to be seen to be believed.
Old June 12, 2005, 07:38 AM   #28
TheeBadOne

The "Basics" of the story are true enough, only the details have been changed to make the story more exciting. There was no .50 caliber Desert eagle, and no "hail of lead" from the entire store.
Quote:
Zaback's weapon was a .38-caliber semiautomatic pistol, not the .22 target pistol of the e-mailed account. The clerk, Morris, fired a 10mm semiautomatic pistol, not a .50 Desert Eagle, and the policeman, Lally, fired a 9mm semiautomatic pistol. As for the participation of others, according to Renton police Capt. Don Persson, although several other customers had guns and pulled them, they did not shoot — the only ones involved in the exchange of lead were Zaback, Lally, and Morris.
Old June 12, 2005, 04:37 PM   #29
Sulaco2

Ya you are right about the basics being right I didn't read it close enough to note the gun refs. Tim had just been issued a Glock and for most of his career carried a Colt Border Patrol in .357. He said later that during the shoot he regressed to thumb up hold of his revolver days and jambed the Glock by slowing the slide after his first (and last) shot of the event.